Technical Lead - Strategic Customers
Toronto or Kitchener
Strategic Customers – Strategic Customers
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
As a Technical Lead on the Strategic Customers team, you will partner with a select list of elite retailers to design, build and launch the Tulip suite of products intended to enable store associates to deliver an enriched and personalized in-store experience to their end consumers. The Tulip suite of products is used by leading retailers to enable store associates to deliver an enriched and personalized in-store experience to their end
consumers. The Tulip Strategic Customers team provides development and support to a small group of elite global retailers. You will be responsible for solving customer problems
and delivering business benefits to top global retailers based in global fashion capitals. You will be part of a mid-sized startup that is poised to break into a massive untapped
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate for this role will have experience leading technical design, development and deployment of customer engagements, overseeing a small team of developers while carrying out design reviews/code reviews throughout the project life cycle.
- As the Technical Lead, you will work closely with our Product Managers and Project Leads to understand project requirements, to create project timelines and milestones, and ensure the project is delivered on time, exceeding our customers’ expectations.
What you'll do:
- Work directly with retail clients to shape the technical solution including leading the design and development of the system integration and platform configuration to meet business requirements
- Build and maintain technical client relationships to support evolving business challenges
- Develop effort estimates to support scoping and project planning
- Analyze implementation options, including pros/cons of options and provide recommendations to clientsLead a cross-functional launch team, including architecting solutions, conducting code reviews and lead troubleshooting activities
- Day-to-day management and mentoring of small teamImplement and enhance development processes that maximize the efficiency of the development team, applying learnings from previous projects as needed
- Own technical delivery from scope, schedule, resource, and quality perspectives
- Work closely with core Product Development teams to develop product features in line with the technical roadmap and implementation blueprints
What you have:
- Post-secondary education in engineering, computer science and/or business degree is required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage rapidly evolving priorities simultaneously and proven ability to deliver in a fast paced environment
- Experience in leading teams to success using best practice software developments standards
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, as well as demonstrated tenacity and persistence, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Development: Full Stack Development experience, familiarity with common web technology and Agile methodology
- Knowledge of payment hardware and software, order management, or other retail technologies
- Experience in a client facing role at any level
We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates, and candidates with disabilities.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.