iOS Developer - Strategic Customers
Toronto or Kitchener
Strategic Customers – Strategic Customers
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, andcollaborate in an omnichannel world.
As a mobile developer, you will design and build innovative solutions using the latest in mobile technology. You will help develop processes and best practices needed to scale and reuse code for this rapidly growing team. As part of the Strategic Customers team your clients will include a small list of truly elite global fashion retailers.
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working on projects that are both challenging and exciting.
- You like to make decisions quickly and think on your feet!
- You thrive in an environment working with a team of experienced and talented developers that are all quite diverse in their skill set and love to help go the extra mile with your peers.
- You enjoy learning new tools and technologies, and investigating solution alternatives.
What you'll do:
- Develop new customer specific features, working in close partnership with a technical lead, server side team, and project manager.
- Write quality code, test it and document it.
- Perform code review and help to improve our coding processes.
- Investigate technology options and implementation scenarios for best fit.
- Take ownership of key aspects of the project and help ensure a successful delivery.
- Identify problems early and communicate them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to/prescribe design/architectural decisions.
What you'll need:
- You have at least 3 years experience developing iOS applications
- A computer Science/ Engineering Degree
- Must have either Swift or Objective-C experience
- Experience with working with the Cocoa Touch and Foundation frameworks
- Good understanding of iOS Dependency Managers
- Bonus points for: have published one or more apps in the App Store; experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools; experience with payment integration
What we offer:
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station or beautiful new office in downtown Kitchener
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.