Software – Applications
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
By placing Tulip-enabled iPhones into the hands of associates - at leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Chanel - our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product and customer information while also being able to transact and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Development Manager to the team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a collaborative manager and take ownership for the team building out the Tulip platform, increasing accessibility and efficiency. You are a Technical Lead/Development Manager who has mentored junior developers and contributed to the product architecture. You are looking for a chance to step up to a lead role where you can help other Developers be successful. You have a practical view of design and architecture and you are eager to break down large technical problems. You can present a future plan for a well designed system, and show the path to get there incrementally. To create a collaborative environment, you can express your opinions while bringing together other voices and ideas.
Our team focuses on faster delivery of value for Tulip and our customers through a scalable and extensible mobile, web and cloud platform. We’re a small, but rapidly growing team that builds frontend and backend frameworks and shared services leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
The team is distributed between Kitchener and Toronto; the role is available at either office.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
As part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for the underlying framework that powers Tulip, including APIs; authentication and permissions; and services for quickly loading and extracting data from Tulip.
- Build trust, empathy and emotional security within your team to create a healthy and collaborative working environment.
- Forge and maintain strong relationships with other team leads and developers across the organization.
- Partner with product managers to build software that is efficient, easy to use and maintain, and solves real customer problems.
What your days look like - you will focus on:
- The work of the team. You will distribute the sprint tasks to the team, removing roadblocks, ensuring individuals are being challenged but not overwhelmed, leading daily scrums and ensuring work is completed on time. You will collaborate with the Product Managers on the development of the technology roadmaps.
- Authentication system. We allow multiple ways of logging into the system. You will be responsible for setting up, monitoring and customizing for third party systems to login.
- Importing data. We are continuously improving the way we access and retrieve data from large clients and import it into our systems. You will be responsible for the layer and connection between our systems and our clients. You will solve problems such as how to accept requests quickly; how to fetch, import and validate data before sending it back.
- API. Our API is the middleware extracting information from our mobile application and delivering it to the database. You will play a critical role enhancing this framework, ensuring it is easy to maintain and guiding the work of the team as they build out additional features.
What you bring:
- The direct experience. You have 5+ years of software application and product development with proven experience building and shipping high-traffic, highly available backend services.
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL, including optimization and performance tuning.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve production issues.
- Experience with Go is a plus.
- The leadership skills. You are a strong coach and mentor who can inspire the work of diverse and distributed teams, ensuring their success. You know how to motivate people in order to get their best efforts. You know when to take the lead and when to step back and listen.
- The exceptional communication style. You are a trusted customer partner and advocate that can empathize with their business challenges and lead Tulip-driven initiatives to solve them.
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- A fantastic office space in downtown Toronto and downtown Kitchener with a flexible work environment that includes a wellness/prayer room.
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
- A plethora of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, coffees and teas. Social events, ping pong tables, and free lunch once a week
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail. Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.