Cloud Platform Engineer
Software – Platform
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
By placing Tulip-enabled iPhones into the hands of associates - at leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Chanel - our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product and customer information while also being able to transact and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Cloud Platform Engineer to the team. As part of the Product Customer Excellence team, you will be responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of standard solutions that allow our Clients to easily integrate with the Tulip Platform. You will work with Tulip’s partners to design and build systems to manage the movement of large-scale enterprise data between Tulip and client systems using industry proven practices for performance. You will become an expert on all things related to the Tulip Platform, including understanding our APIs and data structures, as well as best practices for how to interact with them. You will solve challenging problems while working with some of the most elite brands in retail.
The team is distributed between Kitchener and Toronto; the role is available at either office
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
As part of the Product Customer Excellence team, you will:
- Participate in the design and planning of Tulip product implementation projects in conjunction with the external partners, developers and business users
- Serve as an expert on Tulip’s APIs, platform and technology
- Advise on architectural strategies and best practice client integration approaches
- Assure business and technical architecture aligns with the customer’s functional and non-functional requirements
- Building, debugging and optimizing data-driven applications with Tulip
- Improve and optimize existing integration mechanisms and designs
- Assist with keeping our public facing content articles and guides up to date thereby informing our clients and internal teams about optimal integration designs
- On-site or remote implementation guidance, training and support when necessary
What you bring:
- 3-5 years of development experience with backend technologies
- Experience building and interacting with REST APIs
- Ability to architect, and design systems for managing data
- Knowledge of ESB (e.g. Mule) and ETL, data transformation tools and best practice experience
- Knowledge of bulk-data formats: XML, JSON, CSV, Flat files and transformations across formats
- Knowledge of SalesForce development tools, retail data, cloud hosting infrastructure, as well as standing up linux stack based web servers/sites considered an asset
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- A fantastic office space in downtown Toronto and downtown Kitchener with a flexible work environment that includes a wellness/prayer room.
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
- A plethora of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, coffees and teas. Social events, ping pong tables, and free lunch once a week
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail. Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.