Strategic Customers – Strategic Customers
In this role, you will report to the Head of Strategic Customers, with a “dotted line” relationship to the core product management team for support and alignment. You will manage the customer-specific development roadmap for Tulip’s most exclusive customers, as well as the product roadmap for the custom solutions deployed to those customers. This will include the definition of product requirements, release planning, functional requirements, and specifications. You will understand and validate the needs of the clients through a strong client partnership, and through quantitative & qualitative client research.
Who you are:
You will be the subject matter expert for specific custom features and will liaise with the core product team to align client and product roadmaps. You will act as a product ambassador to build awareness and understanding of core product features for our strategic customers. You will drive the product planning process from product planning, use case definition, development and release cycles with engineering and QA.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you will do:
- Develop a strong partnership with client teams through face to face and remote interaction with IT and business teams
- Prioritize product enhancements and client requests by making smart, decisive tradeoffs using data-driven analysis and sound judgment
- Create product requirement documents that articulate the desired product functionality
- Deliver presentations on new features to stakeholders and clients
- Manage product backlogs for scrum teams Facilitate backlog refinement activities, including scope definition and prioritization in response to emerging details about technical risk and estimation of remaining work
- Coordinate with globally distributed build teams as a client advocate and subject matter expert to ensure client satisfaction
- Gather information from clients via structured and informal conversations and coordinate early and often client feedback cycles, feeding information back into development
What you have:
- 2-3 years of related product management experience, 5+ years in a product development environment
- Product management experience in retail operations or clienteling is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Superior analytical skills and sound business judgment
- Experience participating in an agile development process
- Proven ability to deliver product solutions that deliver clear ROI to clients
- Proven ability to work effectively under tight time pressure
- Strong leadership, communication, and influence skills
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA and/or technical Master’s degree preferred
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station or beautiful new office in downtown Kitchener
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.