Software – Quality Assurance
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
By placing Tulip-enabled iPhones into the hands of associates - at leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Chanel - our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product and customer information while also being able to transact and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding a QA Analyst to the team. As we are growing at a fast pace, we need to expand our professional QA and testing organization to support the release activities while maintaining the higher quality standards. The QA team within Tulip is not only focussed on finding defects but works closely with the development and customer facing teams to prevent defects. They work with latest technology stack and are encouraged to use tools that will increase their efficiency. Every tester is equipped with a Macbook and iPad to test Tulip’s world class iOS product offerings. We are looking for a QA analyst to assess software quality through manual and automated testing for our core products in terms of functionality, reliability, stability and compatibility with external systems.
The team is distributed between Kitchener and Toronto; the role is available at either office
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for testing with an attitude to break the application and think out of the box.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail.
- You are not only eager to learn new tools but are not afraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo.
- You are eager to build your knowledge and grow your career in the fast paced retail industry.
- You have proven experience as a tester within agile teams and have a good understanding of Agile methodology and core concepts.
As part of the Quality Assurance team, you will:
- Be hands-on with test planning, test design and test execution activities on the project
- Work as a part of scrum team
- Publish test status reports as required
- Maintain, update and execute the regression suite
- Design exhaustive functional, end-to-end and integration test scripts from user Stories and other technical specifications
- Test the underlying API web services using test harnesses or test stubs
- Apply risk analysis methodologies that align with project development approach
- Log and track defects in Jira and\or VSTS
- Prioritize testing tasks, ensure milestones, activities, tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Coordinate code deployments, upgrades and testing across numerous environments on various technology platforms.
- Follow established testing processes, in doing so, identify, assess, address, resolve and/or escalate, develop contingency plans as needed.
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing (timeline, costs, risks).
- Coordinate, work closely and be hands-on (optional) with the in-house automation team
What you bring:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience testing mobile applications
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Proficient in writing test cases from user stories , use cases, requirements and other technical documents
- Proficient performing functional and integration testing with multi-tiered application environments
- Proficient in testing backend systems and API using Postman or any other tool
- Able to write queries for backend testing using SQL, Mysql, Oracle or any other backend language
- Experience working with either of the test management tools such as Jira, VSTS, Azure DevOps , TFS, and HP Quality Center
- Experience creating regression suite based upon the project scope and deliverables
- Experience testing SaaS products
- Familiarity with CI/CD/CT model of delivery
- Experience testing iOS applications
- Exposure to any test automation tools
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- A fantastic office space in downtown Toronto and downtown Kitchener with a flexible work environment that includes a wellness/prayer room.
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
- A plethora of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, coffees and teas. Social events, ping pong tables, and free lunch once a week
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail. Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.