Back-end PHP Developer
Strategic Customers – Strategic Customers
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
By placing Tulip-enabled iPhones into the hands of associates - at leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Chanel - our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product and customer information while also being able to transact and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
The team is distributed between Kitchener and Toronto; the role is available at either office
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Scope and deliver core product features and unique customer-specific solutions, working in close partnership with a technical lead, iOS dev team, and project manager.
- Write quality code, test it & document it.
- Perform code review and help to improve our coding processes.
- Enjoy learning new tools and investigate existing solutions for best fit.
- Take ownership of key aspects of the project and help ensure a successful delivery.
- Identify problems early and communicate them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to design/architectural decisions.
- Champion product and architectural improvements for future releases
What you have:
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with common web technologies, such as: PHP, MySQL, Nginx, Redis, Python
- 3+ years of experience delivering SaaS solutions
- Experience building and shipping iOS applications is a plus
- You are highly motivated to improve your skills across various technologies, as well as support the growth of your community
- You are dependable, responsible, and a positive influence on your team
What we offer:
- An environment that is passionate about growth, learning, and variety
- Flex hours for early risers and night owls
- Paid sick days, 15 days of paid vacation standard
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate gym rates
- Medical and dental benefits, with no waiting period
- Weekly team lunches, with halal and vegetarian options
- Wellness and meditation/prayer rooms
- Health (and less healthy) snacks and espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office, on the waterfront close to Union Station
- Brand new downtown Kitchener office
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.