Team Lead - Platform
Software – Platform
Tulip Retail is the world’s first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Toys”R”Us believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of store associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to the product information, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
We’re looking for a talented team lead to help us build the Tulip platform to be accessible, efficient and simple to build on top of. As part of the platform team, you'll be responsible for the underlying framework that powers Tulip - our API framework and interfaces, authentication and permissions, and services for quickly and efficiently loading and extracting data from Tulip.
Who you are:
You have a practical view of design and architecture - you know software isn't designed in a vacuum. You can present a future plan for a well designed system, and show the path to get there incrementally. To create a collaborative environment, you can express your opinions while bringing together other voices and ideas. You are eager to break down large technical problems and solve them directly and through active mentorship of other team members.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. Diversity, inclusion and building a community are priorities for us, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Lead and coach of a team of platform developers
- Architect and lead the development of backend services
- Perform code reviews
- Establish best practices for the team and across Tulip
- Improve application performance and scalability
- Diagnose and resolve complex issues impacting client/server side applications
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of software application development
- Ability to mentor and lead members of the team
- Proven experience building and shipping high-traffic, highly available backend services
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL, including optimization and performance tuning
- Strong troubleshooting skills to diagnose and resolve production issues
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.