Back-end Developer (12-16 months Intern - Summer/Fall 2019)
Launch Services – Launch Engineering
Are you passionate about solving complex issues? Do you have an appreciation for the customer experience? If you possess a strong software development background and want to create some wonderful customer experiences, then the Customer Success team at Tulip is right for you.
Our Success engineering team is involved with investigating issues, scoping out the best course of action for resolution, updating our codebase, and delivering our fixes to customers. Additionally, we handle implementing changes required by the customer to integrate the Tulip platform into their workflow.
Who you are:
We are looking for enthusiastic software developers who aren't afraid to take on big and exciting challenges. As a developer on Tulip's software team, you will design and build the core software systems that power our retail solution. You will work with the latest in web and mobile technology, and be part of a mid-sized startup that is poised to break into a massive untapped space.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Create elegant, scalable, customizable systems
- Work with an agile and highly skilled development team
- Build and design RESTful APIs
- Integrate the Tulip platform with the retail systems of world class brands
- Read and interpret big data
- Write reliable, testable, efficient code
What you have:
- Currently enrolled as student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Thoughtful problem solver who can simplify complex processes
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our Communitech home in Kitchener
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.