Senior iOS Developer
Software – Platform
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Our Platform team focuses on faster delivery of value for Tulip and our customers through a scalable and extensible mobile, web and cloud platform. We’re a small, but rapidly growing team that builds frontend and backend frameworks and shared services leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
We are looking for enthusiastic mobile application developers who aren't afraid to take on big and exciting challenges. As a senior iOS developer on Tulip's Platform team, you will design and develop our mobile app framework for all Tulip mobile applications using Swift and Objective C. Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will help gather requirements, brainstorm ideas, architect solutions, solve technical issues and strive to create a balance between the speed of delivery and feature-richness of our Tulip mobile app framework. You will be a source of knowledge and contribute to best practices for a highly skilled team of iOS developers.
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate for this position is a thoughtful problem solver who can easily adapt to the changing requirements and quickly learn new technologies.
- You are passionate about developing modern mobile applications that are easy to use and visually appealing.
- You are eager to break down large technical problems and solve them directly and through active mentorship of other team members.
What you'll do:
- Design and build incredible mobile user experiences
- Provide expertise on application architecture
- Improve application performance and scalability
- Mentor other mobile developers, and define best practices for the team and across Tulip
- Contribute to designing the future of retail.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years experience building mobile applications
- Demonstrable experience building and shipping Swift or Objective-C iOS applications
- Familiarity with Apple's iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Ability to mentor more junior members of the team
What we offer:
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Creative community space in our beautiful new office in downtown Kitchener
- When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.