Toronto or Kitchener
Software – Quality Assurance
As Tulip is growing at rocket speed, we need to expand our professional QA and testing organization to support the release activities while maintaining the higher quality standards. The QA team within Tulip is not only focussed on finding defects but works closely with the development and customer facing teams to prevent defects. They work with latest technology stack and are encouraged to use tools that will increase their efficiency. Every tester is equipped with Mac laptop and ipad to test Tulip’s world class iOS product offerings. Tulip is looking for a Test Coordinator with strong technical skill set to manage all the testing aspects for our Customer success and Launch team in terms of functionality, reliability, stability and compatibility with external systems.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate will have :
- Attitude of putting our Customers first.
- Engage with purpose and commitment to find the right solutions.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Determined and enjoy investigating complex problems with project stakeholders
- Passion to learn new emerging technology
- Prepared to be hands on and lead the team through innovative ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that can convey the information in an impactful way
- Motivated by team success and strong believer in team collaboration
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage the day to day testing activities of test resources (all contractors) across multiple client projects.
- Proactively identify any potential issues throughout all test phases, and suggest possible improvements or enhancements
- Participate in daily scrums
- Be hands on with the application to support the defect triage process
- Identify obstacles or risks that may impact a project’s test timeline or success and provide regular status updates to the stakeholders.
- Keep the lines of communication open with stakeholders, and escalate issues when necessary.
- Ensure that all test deliverables are received, approved, and aligned to project’s timeline, budget and objectives
- Participate in client review sessions to discuss and plan QA deliverables and QA strategy for projects
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing (timeline, costs, risks).
- Communicate with stakeholders on the Product side to bridge the test gaps between regular product releases and client projects
- Support and plan the implementation of automation on client projects
What you'll need
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience managing testing activities for concurrent multiple projects
- Experience working in onshore/offshore test resource model
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience generating and publishing test metrics
- Proficient in writing test cases from user stories and other technical documents
- Proficient performing functional and integration (manual) testing with multi-tiered application environments
- Proficient in developing test plans and strategies
- Strong understanding of API and web services testing tools and strategy
- Experience working with either of the test management tools such as Jira, VSTS, TFS, and HP Quality center
- Able to write basic select queries for backend testing using SQL, Mysql, Oracle or any other backend language
- Understanding of different automation strategies for mobile and web applications
- Bonus skills for added advantage:
- Consulting experience in Testing
- Proven experience in Professional services organization
- Experience with performance testing tools such as Jmeter
- Exposure to automation of iOS applications
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our new office in downtown Kitchener
What we do:
- Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.