Senior Solutions Engineer
Launch Services – Launch Engineering
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
By placing Tulip-enabled iPhones into the hands of associates - at leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Chanel - our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product and customer information while also being able to transact and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Senior Solutions Engineer to the Launch Engineering team. As a Senior Solutions Engineer on the team, you will be the technical expert representing Tulip’s offering to our clients. You will collaborate with our clients, architects and team leads to translate business needs into detailed specifications for the Tulip Launch Engineering team. You will assist the Development Managers and Project Managers in delivering those specifications to the development team, and you’ll provide guidance to the team throughout the implementation and execution phase. You will own the technical solution that brings Tulip to retail clients across the globe.
We are looking for enthusiastic problem solvers who are passionate about using the latest technology to solve real business problems. Having cut your teeth as a software developer, you’ll bring an understanding of how scalable and performant applications are architected and you’ll know what steps are involved in building them. You’ll be an effective communicator, being able to effortlessly navigate conversations between technical teams as well as non-technical clients.
The team is distributed between Kitchener and Toronto; the role is available at either office
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
As part of the Solutions Engineering team, you will:
- Collaborate with our clients, internal architects and team leads to uncover the technical details behind client requirements and produce technical specifications document
- Translate these technical details into actionable stories which the development teams can implement
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the solution (to be) delivered from technical requirements perspective
- Identify client dependencies with due dates and follow-up with clients to close out any open questions and missed requirements
- Set expectations with client about level of detail needed for story generation prior to start of development
- Partner with the Development Managers and the Project Managers to plan stories into sprints to meet a project delivery timeline
- Have oversight on sprint deliverables and supports the launch engineering team throughout the project
- Setup and run bug triage meetings with key IT stakeholders, triage technical and integration related defects during SIT/UAT
- Participate in demos with the development teams to calibrate development deliverables and client expectations
- Support both our clients and development teams with the wisdom to navigate them through the software development process and ensure that our clients are delighted with the results
- Learn and master new features, tools available in Tulip as a product
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience building high volume, scalable systems with at least 2 of those years at a senior level
- Experience in architecting enterprise software solutions
- Experience in delivering SaaS applications for the cloud
- Expertise in designing web APIs and a solid understanding of REST principles
- Experience working with JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Successfully delivered at least three enterprise software projects involving multiple business, technical stakeholders and a cross functional team of BSA's, architects, developers, QA and release management. Projects within the retail domain are a plus
- Excellent attention to details and passionate about continuously documenting technical specifications throughout the project lifecycle
- Trusted customer partner and advocate that is able to empathize with their business challenges and lead Tulip-driven initiatives that directly address those challenges
- Resourceful and you take pride at being accountable in your role
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and technical leadership skills, as well as demonstrated tenacity and persistence, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
What We Would Like To See:
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- A fantastic office space in downtown Toronto and downtown Kitchener with a flexible work environment that includes a wellness/prayer room.
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
- A plethora of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, coffees and teas. Social events, ping pong tables, and free lunch once a week
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.