Software Developer - PHP | MySQL (Launch Engineering)
Launch Services – Launch Engineering
Who you are:
As a member of the Launch Engineering team you will have an exciting opportunity to develop and maintain apps to deliver Tulip’s associate-to-customer capabilities for a select group of elite Tulip customers. You will build things quickly, iteratively, and get solutions in-front of real users within timelines meaningful to our demanding customers.
The team is distributed between Kitchener and Toronto; the role is available at either office
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Scope and deliver core product features and unique customer-specific solutions, working in close partnership with a solution engineer, dev team, and project manager.
- Write quality code, test it & document it.
- Perform code review and help to improve our coding processes.
- Enjoy learning new tools and investigate existing solutions for best fit.
- Take ownership of key aspects of the project and help ensure a successful delivery.
- Identify problems early and communicate them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to design/architectural decisions.
- Champion product and architectural improvements for future releases
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3+ years professional experience in software development.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience building complex, large scale, distributed software systems successfully delivered for B2B or B2C consumption
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, technical designs and describe product features
- Experience building and shipping iOS applications is a plus
- Experience working with ETL tools and building a pipeline
- Working knowledge of Apache Solr
- AWS experience
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our Communitech home in Kitchener
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.