Customer Success Engineer
Customer – Customer Support
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
By placing Tulip-enabled iPhones into the hands of associates - at leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Chanel - our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product and customer information while also being able to transact and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation, and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Customer Success Engineer to the team. As a Customer Success Engineer on the Customer Success team you’ll play a critical role in ensuring our customers can take full advantage of their Tulip subscription. You’ll achieve this by delivering a customer experience which is effortless for our clients while also proactively assisting in the maintenance and monitoring of the systems that deliver the Tulip experience.
The team is distributed between Kitchener and Toronto; the role is available at either office
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
Who you are:
- You are a master problem solver who thrives on tackling complex technical issues.
- You love learning new about new technologies. Customer service for you is not ‘just a job’, but something you care passionately about.
- You love to tackle challenging issues, and is someone who is eager to help build those around you.
As part of the Customer Support team, you will:
- Troubleshoot complex customer problems to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution, provide code fix or workaround across a range of environments.
- Debug software defects escalated through the field and provide solution to customer
- Build and maintain a library of technical documentation designed to help accelerate issue resolution and reduce time required to resolve
- Assist in software deployment activities
- Proactively prevent issues that could have a negative impact on our customers
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 coverage
- Automate repetitive processes and work on enhancing self-serve features to reduce the time to resolve and increase efficiency.
What you bring:
- Over 3 years of experience as an Application Support Engineer supporting enterprise software - experience on retail software is a plus
- Over 1 year of experience in Deploying, Monitoring and Supporting SaaS applications
- Exposure to basic Unix scripting and commands
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- A fantastic office space in downtown Toronto and downtown Kitchener with a flexible work environment that includes a wellness/prayer room.
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
- A plethora of healthy (and not so healthy) snacks, coffees and teas. Social events, ping pong tables, and free lunch once a week
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail. Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.