Senior API Technical Writer
Software – Software Development
Tulip Retail is the world's first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Toys"R"Us enable the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to improve lives in one of the world's largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of store associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to the product information, customer personalization, while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
We are looking for a talented API Technical Writer with strong technical competencies to produce high-quality developer, platform, system integrator, and product documentation that makes Tulip products and services easier to adopt and use.
Who you are?
- Experienced at writing common forms of both manual and generated developer documentation including API reference and REST APIs content, SDK supporting materials, conceptual guides, and tutorials.
- Comfortable working directly with technical resources to document and define new product collateral for system integration audiences.
- Skilled at writing explanatory, conceptual, code-based, and procedural material for a variety of internal and external technical audiences.
- Able to grasp complex technical concepts quickly and make them easily understandable in text and images.
- Competent handling multiple deadlines, working with minimal supervision, taking initiative, and solving technical and tool problems.
What you'll do?
- Work with internal teams to obtain in-depth understanding of product and documentation requirements to determine the clearest and most logical way to organize & present information for greatest reader comprehension based on modern conventions.
- Produce and maintain developer-oriented API and SDK collateral for system integrators.
- Work closely with developers, customer support, and product managers to ensure the delivery of high quality, technically accurate content.
What you'll need?
- 5+ years of experience largely focused on the creation and maintenance of developer documentation, including APIs, SDKs, tutorials, and/or code samples)
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or communications field, or equivalent work experience in a fast-paced technology environment
- Working familiarity with SDLC (software development lifecycle) and agile methodologies
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining technical documentation architecture, processes, and content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to develop in-depth product/domain knowledge
- Experience with a variety of authoring and various job-related tools, including Google G Suite tools, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, as well as HTML, XLIFF, and XML editors.
- Experience with Bootstrap or React web frameworks
- Familiarity with iOS development processes and XCode
- Experience with system integrator onboarding practices & approaches
- Experience organizing, presenting, and maintaining developer documentation portal environments
- You should be prepared to share writing samples to showcase your work experience.
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet expresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union Station
- Creative space in our new downtown Kitchener office
What we do
- Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We are a team of experts who have worked with and for retailer over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company who's mission is to enable on of the world's largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.