Senior Solutions Engineer
Launch Services – Launch Engineering
As a Technical Solutions Architect on Tulip's Launch Engineering team, you will be the technical expert representing Tulip’s offering to our clients. You will collaborate with our clients and our Architects to translate business needs into detailed specifications for the Tulip Launch Engineering team. You will assist the Development Managers and Project Directors in delivering those specifications to the development team, and you’ll provide guidance to the team throughout the implementation and execution phase. You will own the technical solution that brings Tulip to retail clients across the globe.
Who you are:
We are looking for enthusiastic problem solvers who are passionate about using the latest technology to solve real business problems. Having cut your teeth as a software developer, you’ll bring an understanding of how scalable and performant applications are architected and you’ll know what steps are involved in building them. You’ll be an effective communicator, being able to effortlessly navigate conversations between technical teams as well as non-technical clients.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with our clients and our internal architects to uncover the technical details behind client requirements
- Translate these technical details into actionable stories which the development teams can implement
- Partner with the Development Managers and the Project Leads to plan stories into sprints to meet a project delivery timeline
- Participate in demos with the development teams to calibrate development deliverables and client expectations
- Support both our clients and our development teams with the wisdom to navigate them through the software development process and ensure that our clients are delighted with the results
What you have:
- 5+ years experience building high volume, scalable systems with at least 2 of those years at a senior level
- Experience in architecting enterprise software solutions
- Experience in delivering SaaS applications for the cloud
- Expertise in designing web APIs and a solid understanding of REST principles
- Experience working with JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Thoughtful problem solver who can simplify complex processes
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station or beautiful new office in downtown Kitchener
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.