Senior Product Designer
Product – Product Design
Tulip Retail is the first mobile platform built exclusively for store associates. Leading retailers like Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, and Chanel believe in enabling the next generation of store associates with mobile technology using Tulip. We’re a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years and are driven to build a company whose mission is to enable one of the world’s largest job markets. By placing Tulip-enabled iPads into the hands of associates, our goal is to provide them with instant and reliable access to product information while also being able to transact, communicate, and collaborate in an omnichannel world.
As a Senior Product Designer on the team, you will advocate deep empathy for the user and will lead lean UX and design thinking activities. You have passion for solving core user problems while owning all facets of design from user research, strategy, interaction design to final UI execution. You will own the UX design of a set of strategic clients/products to transform retailer’s workforce!
Who you are:
As a senior product designer on the team, you will advocate deep empathy for the user and will lead lean UX and design thinking activities. You have a passion for solving core user problems while owning all facets of design from user research, strategy, interaction to final UI execution. You will own the design of a set of strategic clients/products and will transform a retailer’s workforce with your UX solutions!
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Do primary user research when needed to validate use cases and user needs.
- Collaborate with product managers to understand product roadmap and business goals
- Facilitate workshops and lead the client through a design process.
- Manage design timeline internally and externally with clients.
- Determining best-practice UX/UI approaches and presenting recommended design solutions to clients.
- Develop and iterative on user flows, wireframe, and hi-fidelity mockups using tools like Sketch, Figma and InVision.
- Collaborate with Client’s design team and give feedback on their UI design.
- Oversee implementation of the designs by working closely with the development team.
- Gather feedback from end users by conducting in usability studies and user interviews. Keep up-to-date on mobile design trends, sharing leading practices with our teams and our clients.
- Help building and improving Tulip design system.
- Collaborate and mentor other designers on the team.
What you have:
- 5+ years of hands-on design experience
- Proven experience in designing Mobile iOS native applications and an expert in iOS human interface guidelines.
- Strong presentation and client facing skills.
- Ability to review and adhere to technical documents and brand guidelines, respectfully challenging when there's a better way.
- Ability to be versatile and take both leading and supporting roles.
- Extremely detail and process oriented.
- The ability to write and present eloquently and communicate clearly.
- Proficient in Sketch, Figma and InVision.
- Flexibility of travelling for meetings (Paris & New York)
- An environment passionate about growth and learning
- Flexible hours for our early risers and night owls
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick days
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Corporate gym rate
- Weekly team lunches with halal and vegetarian options
- Healthy (and less healthy) snacks and gourmet espresso
- Breathtaking Toronto office on the waterfront and close to Union station
- Creative community space in our Communitech home in Kitchener
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.