Software Development Engineer 3, Measurement
Seattle, WA /
Engineering and IT – Engineering /
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our cross-functional team responsible for TUNE’s core Performance Partnership Marketing Platform.
As a well-established engineering group at TUNE, the Management and Measurement team builds and maintains the mission critical systems which handle all global, real-time event measurement and business rules enforcement for our customers.
Our enterprise handles tens of billions of events per month. The high-volume, high-velocity, high-throughput systems we build and manage provide interesting challenges for motivated engineers, and we're looking for the right person to help us continue evolving and improving our systems for higher scale.
You will work remotely, collaborating with product managers and fellow engineers to design and deliver solutions from start to finish, in an Agile environment. In addition to new feature development, the team is also responsible for operations, performance, security, and scalability.
Our engineers have the opportunity to deliver features that delight our customers as well as define standards and best practices for how we build software at TUNE. The ideal candidate has a history of working on large, distributed systems that deliver predictable performance worldwide, scaling to meet dynamic load demands.
Have an interesting project on Github? We'd love to see it.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Designing, building, and supporting TUNE’s high-volume, low-latency Performance Partnership Marketing Platform.
- Taking ownership of the quality of our software, advancing our technology stack, upholding best practices, and optimizing our processes.
- Solving interesting concurrency and distributed programming problems.
- Writing performant code in a high-availability, distributed environment.
- Analyzing and optimizing code with an eye towards scalability and robustness.
- Articulating possible solutions and their trade-offs.
- Ensuring high software quality and security via automated testing.
- Using your expertise to shape the roadmap for our team, our high-performance computing architecture, and the product.
What you’ll need…
- Computer Science or relevant math/science academic background (or truly great experience).
- Industry proven professional software engineering experience (over 5 years) with a focus on parallel processing, distributing systems, and large datasets.
- Expertise working with Golang. Experience with C/C++ is highly desired.
- Ability to actively contribute to tuning and optimizing software and systems implementations.
- Experience building scalable solutions with cloud technologies such as AWS, and container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Fluency with Git and version control concepts.
- Comfortable programming in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Hands-on, language agnostic, knowledge of important programming concepts, including memory management, performance tradeoffs, dependency management, and automated testing.
- Ability to work within a team to drive a project to completion using strong written communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality features to production, operating independently when needed.
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions quickly and support consensus within a project team.
TUNE makes technology that powers successful performance-based marketing partnerships across mobile and web. Headquartered in Seattle with hundreds of employees worldwide, TUNE is trusted by innovative affiliate marketers, the largest mobile advertising platforms, and iconic brands across the globe. For more information visit: www.tune.com.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on basis of disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.