San Francisco, CA
G&A – Legal
TuneIn HQ - San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a talented, team player with a strong technology transactional background to join our legal organization as Corporate Counsel. Reporting to our Director of Legal, you will assist in handling all of TuneIn’s day-to-day legal needs and will be responsible for a wide range of in-house legal functions. You will be a problem-solver, advisor, counselor, and active participant in the business.
What You’ll Do
· Structure, draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial, licensing, development and advertising agreements.
· Work cross-functionally to identify risks and provide strategic, practical and creative legal and business advice.
· Develop, improve, and maintain contract templates, standard forms, corporate policies and processes, and training programs.
· Advise on projects as needed, including general corporate, IP, litigation, and risk management issues.
· Manage outside legal counsel.
Who You Are
· JD from top law school and California Bar membership or ability to qualify for RIHC status.
· 5+ years of experience in technology transactions or commercial contracts / licensing at a law firm or as part of an in-house legal team at a technology company (ideal candidates will have a combination).
· Experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of development, technology, licensing, publishing, marketing, and commercial agreements.
· Experience in digital media and entertainment.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently
· Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities.
Bringing together a wide collection of sports, music, news/talk and podcasts — including live, on-demand and original content — TuneIn lets people find what they love while helping them discover new things. TuneIn serves more than 75 million monthly active users, across the globe, on hundreds of devices, including smartphones, desktop, connected devices, connected autos, game consoles and smart speakers, like Sonos, Bose SoundTouch, Amazon Echo and Google Home. TuneIn Premium subscribers can listen to the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and commercial-free music stations.
TuneIn is headquartered in San Francisco, California. We also have a vibrant, growing satellite offices in Los Angeles (Venice) and New York, NY. We’re venture funding from Comcast Ventures, IVP, Sequoia Capital, Causeway, General Catalyst Partners, Icon Ventures, and Marker LLC.