Senior Software Engineer, Data
San Francisco or Remote /
Engineering – Engineering /
TuneIn is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current employees, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Our team leverages distributed systems, machine learning, and personalized search to connect listeners to the content they adore, and to derive insights that enable us to deliver flawless user experiences. Help us invent the systems that will power the future of radio!
As a member of our team, you will join us in architecting the future of TuneIn’s data and machine learning platforms. You will leverage technologies such as Apache Airflow, Kafka, and Spark, to build real-time data pipelines capable of processing billions of events across over 200 connected device types. The infrastructure we build will be a core part of TuneIn’s future.
Who You Are
- Expert in engineering data pipelines using modern technologies, such as Kafka, Flink, Spark, and Hadoop
- Hungry for impact and insatiably curious about new technologies and frameworks
- Ready to build new things without being constrained by technical debt, in a nimble, startup like environment
What You'll Do
- Implement real-time event aggregation pipelines to power content & user insights, quality monitoring, and experimentation
- Implement high performance, elastically scalable, data warehousing technologies
- Build scalable infrastructure for rapid deployment of machine learning models in production environments
- Design modern personalization & experimentation systems (A/B Testing, Multi-armed bandits)
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software Engineering experience, with an emphasis in the design, development and deployment of high volume data centric applications (millions of transactions per day)
- Working knowledge of both relational and NoSQL database design
- Conceptually familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, EC2, Dynamo)
- Experience with modern deployment and CI/CD practices (Docker, Kubernetes, and Spinnaker)
- Expertise with languages such as Java, Go, and Python
- History of building resilient, stateless, scalable, distributed and observable systems
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
TuneIn, the leading live streaming and on-demand audio service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts and radio from around the globe. With 75 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations, and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers also unlock exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNBC, CNN, FOX News Radio and MSNBC, as well as commercial-free music channels for every mood and activity. For more information please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.