Senior Software Engineer, Data
San Francisco /
Engineering – Data Engineering /
At TuneIn, we are reinventing radio for a connected world, with live sports, up-to-the-minute news, curated music, millions of podcasts, and over 120,000 streaming radio stations—streamed to tens of millions of customers through our mobile and web apps, and our unmatched platform of hundreds of consumer device and service integrations. From smartphone to smart speaker to electric car, TuneIn delivers live and on-demand audio from voices you trust wherever you want to listen.
This position is based US or Canada (No International)
Full-Time Employment (no Corp2Corp)
About the Role
As a member of our team, you will join us in architecting the future of TuneIn’s data and machine learning platforms. You will leverage technologies such as Apache Airflow, Kafka, and Spark, to build real-time data pipelines capable of processing billions of events across over 200 connected device types. The infrastructure we build will be a core part of TuneIn’s future.
What We Are Looking For:
- Expert in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, Flink etc, on large-scale data sets demonstrated through 5+ years of experience
- Highly proficient in at least one of Java, Python, or Scala
- Comfortable with complex SQL
- Understand the Data Lifecycle and concepts such as lineage, governance, privacy, retention, anonymity, etc
- Conceptually familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, EC2, RDS, etc)
- Experience with modern deployment and CI/CD practices (Docker, Kubernetes, and Spinnaker)
- Hungry for impact and insatiably curious about new technologies and frameworks
- Ready to build new things without being constrained by technical debt, in a nimble, startup-like environment.
What You Will Do:
- Engineer efficient, adaptable, and scalable data pipelines to process structured and unstructured data
- Implement real-time event aggregation pipelines to power content & user insights, quality monitoring, and experimentation
- Maintain and rethink existing datasets and pipelines to serve a wider variety of use cases
- Build scalable infrastructure for rapid deployment of machine learning models in production environments
- Design modern personalization, search & experimentation systems (A/B Testing, Multi-armed bandits).
Our Compensation & Benefits
- TuneIn offers a competitive salary, bonus, and equity compensation packages
- We offer generous benefits, including 100% coverage of all health plans for employees and dependents regardless of which medical health plan you choose
- Dental and Vision plan coverage
- Flexible time off policy, plus 11 paid holidays (2022)
- Extended holiday office closure (full weeks) for Independence Week, Thanksgiving, and end-of-year holidays
- 401k Plan
- Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Technology stipend
- Individual training and educational spending
- Pet insurance
TuneIn, the world’s leading live streaming service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts, and radio from around the globe. With more than 80 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers get exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNN, Fox News Radio, MSNBC, CNBC, and Bloomberg, as well as live NFL, NHL, and college sports programming, and commercial-free music channels. For more information, please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
We Grow Our Team Utilizing Transparency and Trust
TuneIn is hiring for many amazing opportunities! We are always thrilled when people apply to our opportunities. Often, we reach out directly to candidates. TuneIn's Recruitment engagement means you'll get an email from the tunein.com domain. We do not use any other domains to conduct recruitment efforts. A member of our People Team will speak with you or will meet with you and we never use the Wire app to conduct interviews. We will also never send you messages asking you for personal or financial information. Use caution when the identity of someone contacting you cannot be linked directly to the tunein.com domain. If you've been the victim of a scam, report it to your local law enforcement. If you feel targeted by a fraudster or someone impersonating a TuneIn team member on LinkedIn, please contact LinkedIn directly here, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.