Senior Product Designer
San Francisco /
Product and Design – Product Design /
At TuneIn, we are reinventing radio for a connected world, with live sports, up-to-the-minute news, curated music, millions of podcasts, and over 120,000 streaming radio stations—streamed to tens of millions of customers through our mobile and web apps, and our unmatched platform of hundreds of consumer device and service integrations. From smartphone to smart speaker to electric car, TuneIn delivers live and on-demand audio from voices you trust wherever you want to listen.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be an engine of design innovation and customer delight. You will work closely with product management and engineering teams to design new and iterative product experiences that solve customer needs. You will join a diverse team of talented product managers and designers that cover the customer experience for our web, mobile, and connected device apps. You will help lead the innovation to define next-generation listening experiences. Every designer at TuneIn will have a long and rewarding growth path, within a supportive, caring team of peers and managers. We believe in the power of connecting listeners to the voices they love, and the impact audio can have on each individual listener we serve.
What You Will Do
- Represent our listeners by actively practicing and evangelizing customer-centric thinking
- Own and drive end-to-end design solutions from ideation through execution to delivery and iteration
- Establish collaborative relationships on cross-functional teams with UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, Business Analytics, Content Operations, and Marketing
- Understand customer and business goals in-depth to challenge easy answers
- Use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively
- Create user scenarios, user journeys, wireframes, UI designs, and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development process
- Deliver high-fidelity assets and specs ready for engineering
- Work with the design system and contribute to its continuous innovation
- Visits and coordinates with major platform partners on special engagements, as well as with content providers
What We Are Looking For
- You are a generalist who can drive the design process end to end
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You can manage your time and can work effectively either from an office or remotely
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem-solving skill and high design caliber; you must provide examples of your work &/or a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- 4+ years of experience as a product/UX designer in a relevant industry (streaming media)
- Fluency in the latest product design trends and tools
- Expertise designing cross-platform (iOS, Android, Web)
Our Compensation and Benefits
- TuneIn offers competitive salary, bonus, and equity compensation packages
- We offer generous benefits, including 100% coverage of all health plans for employees and dependents regardless of which medical health plan you choose
- Dental and Vision plan coverage
- Flexible time off policy, plus 14 paid holidays
- 401k Plan
- Wellness stipend/Cell phone subsidy/Trainings and educational spending pet insurance, more
TuneIn, the world’s leading live streaming service, brings together live sports, news, music, podcasts, and radio from around the globe. With more than 80 million monthly active users, TuneIn is one of the most widely used streaming audio platforms in the world. TuneIn broadcasts over 100,000 owned & operated and partner radio stations and boasts more than 5.7 million podcasts. With premiere distribution across 200 platforms and connected devices, TuneIn empowers listeners to ‘hear’ what they love wherever ‘here’ might be. TuneIn Premium subscribers get exclusive access to commercial-free news from top networks like CNN, Fox News Radio, MSNBC, CNBC, and Bloomberg, as well as live NFL, NHL, and college sports programming, and commercial-free music channels. For more information, please visit us at www.tunein.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within TuneIn. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
We Grow Our Team Utilizing Transparency and Trust
TuneIn is hiring for many amazing opportunities! We are always thrilled when people apply to our opportunities. Often, we reach out directly to candidates. TuneIn's Recruitment engagement means you'll get an email from the tunein.com domain. We do not use any other domains to conduct recruitment efforts. A member of our People Team will speak with you or will meet with you and we never use the Wire app to conduct interviews. We will also never send you messages asking you for personal or financial information. Use caution when the identity of someone contacting you cannot be linked directly to the tunein.com domain. If you've been the victim of a scam, report it to your local law enforcement. If you feel targeted by a fraudster or someone impersonating a TuneIn team member on LinkedIn, please contact LinkedIn directly here, or send us an email at email@example.com.