Kyyti is a comprehensive platform to provide and manage transport service ecosystems to both private and business commuters/travellers. We have two products, the Tuup commute app enabling travel planning and purchasing from your mobile, and Kyyti, an on-demand taxi pooling service operated by licensed fleet operators and professional drivers. Our software team is based in Helsinki while operations are live in Oulu, Turku and Tampere, more regions on the way.
About this role
We are looking for an experienced Frontend Developer to join our team. You will be developing React based web tools for our service operations and administration, from B2B customer management to Kyyti vehicle operations tools and traveler order management. In the heart of the platform resides a microservice based back-end to provide the business logic for the supply operations and functionality for user interfaces.
- We expect you to be able to deliver independently as part of a small, rapidly moving team.
- Over the first year in our team, you will have proven your place in the core development team and have taken responsibility for mission-critical tools and their development architecture.
- You will have also helped us align our stationary (web) operations technology and customer (mobile) frontends. Yes, we are considering React Native for our future mobile apps.
- You know when to use an off-the-shelf tool and when a requirement is best met by custom development - and you can justify those choices to both your developer colleagues and to commercial stakeholders.
Required technical skills
- thorough understanding of React.js and Redux/Flux and its core design principles
- understanding of agile UX development
- familiarity with RESTful APIs as both consumer and provider (Node.js)
- familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- demonstrable skills as published apps (web or mobile) and source code (public Github or similar preferred).
We are a small team with decades of experience in both software and transportation. Our vision is global and international rollout is in our near term plans. This is a unique opportunity to join a team already in motion while significant future roles are still open. We are a distributed team used to remote collaboration, so working part of the time from home won't be a problem.