San Francisco, United States /
Go-to-Market (GTM) – Sales /
Who we are
We’re a fast-moving, diverse team pushing the frontiers of artificial intelligence. At Twelve Labs, our mission is to help developers build programs that can see, listen, and understand the world as we do by bringing the world’s most powerful video understanding infrastructure to market. As a part of achieving this mission, we are building foundation AI models that can accurately and instantly search exact moments within petabytes of video archives, generate coherent text summaries of videos, perform prompt-based video generation, and many more. The Twelve Labs platform provides access to its Large Visual Language Models (VLMs) through a suite of APIs that are trained on massive video datasets and learn to understand the meaning and context behind the visuals, conversations, and sounds within videos.
Twelve Labs recently raised $17M in seed funding, recognized as one of CB Insights’ AI 100 companies within a year of its founding, and secured a massive compute resource through partnering with Oracle. We are hyper focused on delivering the Twelve Labs platform to our customers so they can build video understanding into their products and power dream features they could have only imagined.
Part of the pathway to our rapid growth has been paved by the outstanding group of people united by the company’s mission. Beyond prominent venture capital firms such as Index Ventures and Radical Ventures, the Twelve Labs mission is backed by category building luminaries like Fei-Fei Li (Stanford HAI), Silvio Savarese (Salesforce), Oren Etzioni (AI2), Alexandr Wang (Scale), Lukas Biewald (W&B), Jack Conte (Patreon) and more.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where our team members can bring their full selves to work, bring out their potential, and most importantly, thrive together. We welcome kind, brilliant, and open minded people from all walks of life to our team. If joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Why this role?
Our Go-to-Market (GTM) team is responsible for empowering developers and enterprises to build intelligent video applications with the Twelve Labs APIs, guiding and supporting customers to attain maximum benefits from building with our highly-capable models. As a Solutions Architect at Twelve Labs, you will be a crucial member of our GTM team in helping customers implement their dream features using our APIs and growing Twelve Labs’ business. You will have an immense sense of autonomy for our technical pre and post-sales and work very closely with our product and GTM team to lay the foundation for the company’s growth. You will engage customers from different audience groups (e.g, developers, startups, enterprises) to understand their challenges and expectations. You are comfortable in leading conversations with the customer and are naturally curious about their business to know how best to integrate our API into customers’ products. You have the technical acumen and ability to design and execute experiments that demonstrate the transformative business values unlocked through our API for the customer.
It is a highly self-directed and creative role, so you should be someone who thrives in an unstructured, rapidly expanding and evolving environment.
A typical day at Twelve Labs would look like this:
- Brainstorming with the GTM team how our models can be applied in new verticals / use cases.
- Meeting with the key decision maker of a customer company to discuss how they can leverage Twelve Labs APIs to drive business results and serve as the customer’s internal advocate and liaison.
- Design and scope a functional evaluation for a customer to determine if our models outperform their in-house technology.
- Meeting with a customer’s product team to advise how to best integrate our APIs to their products.
- Spending some time everyday to closely monitor the industry landscape (people, competitors, potential partners) to contribute to the GTM strategy and playbook.
- Provide input to Twelve Labs’ product team on features to prioritize.
This might be for you if you have some of the following:
- 4+ years of experience as a technical pre/post Solutions Architect. (Startup experience is a big plus)
- A real passion for AI and a strong desire to become an expert on the applications of large visual-language models. (ML experience is a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and technical chops. You can seamlessly toggle between presenting to customer stakeholders and getting in the weeds whiteboarding with technical audiences.
- Strong market awareness. You are able to gather, filter, and process complex market (industry, customer, prospect) intelligence.
- High tolerance for ambiguity. Twelve Labs is an early-stage startup. As a Solutions Architect, you will have to be much of a doer as a strategist.
Even If there are a few checkboxes that aren’t ticked through your prior experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you are a 0-to-1 achiever, a ferocious learner, and a kind and fun team player who motivates others, you will find a home at Twelve Labs.
We welcome applicants from all walks of life and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We cherish and celebrate diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it makes our company much stronger.
Benefits and Perks
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment.
🧑💻 Work closely with a collaborative, mission-driven team on cutting-edge AI technology.
🦷 Full health, dental, and vision benefits
✈️ Extremely flexible PTO and parental leave policy. Office closed the week of Christmas and New Years.
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in San Francisco and Seoul and coworking stipend
🛂 VISA support (such as H1B and OPT transfer for US employees)