San Francisco, United States /
Go-to-Market (GTM) – Marketing /
Who we are
We’re a fast-moving, diverse team pushing the frontiers of artificial intelligence. At Twelve Labs, our mission is to help developers build programs that can see, listen, and understand the world as we do by bringing the world’s most powerful video understanding infrastructure to market. As a part of achieving this mission, we are building foundation AI models that can accurately and instantly search exact moments within petabytes of video archives, generate coherent text summaries of videos, perform prompt-based video generation, and many more. The Twelve Labs platform provides access to its Large Visual Language Models (VLMs) through a suite of APIs that are trained on massive video datasets and learn to understand the meaning and context behind the visuals, conversations, and sounds within videos.
Twelve Labs recently raised $5M in seed funding, recognized as one of CB Insights’ AI 100 companies within a year of its founding, and secured a massive compute resource through partnering with a major cloud vendor. We are hyper focused on delivering the Twelve Labs platform to our customers so they can build video understanding into their products and power dream features they could have only imagined.
Part of the pathway to our rapid growth has been paved by the outstanding group of people united by the company’s mission. Beyond prominent venture capital firms such as Index Ventures and Radical Ventures, the Twelve Labs mission is backed by category building luminaries like Fei-Fei Li (Stanford HAI), Silvio Savarese (Salesforce), Oren Etzioni (AI2), Alexandr Wang (Scale), Lukas Biewald (W&B), Jack Conte (Patreon) and more.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where our team members can bring their full selves to work, bring out their potential, and most importantly, thrive together. We welcome kind, brilliant, and open minded people from all walks of life to our team. If joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Why this role?
As the first Developer Advocate in the North American region at Twelve Labs, you will be able to showcase all of your leadership and community-building skills to shape the overall function and drive the initial build-out of the Twelve Labs community.
You will work directly with developers to understand their problems and needs and how Twelve Labs APIs fit into their equations to help them be successful. Together with Twelve Labs’ teammates across Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Business Development, you will help deliver meaningful improvements to make it easier for developers to find success with our APIs.
Along with our leadership, you will be at the forefront of promoting our foundation AI models and building a strong, enthusiastic community of builders that provide valuable feedback on our product. Your opportunity for impact will change the trajectory of the company - Twelve Labs has an incredibly high ceiling and you will be helping us get to the highest level where no one has ever reached.
Join the mission and be the one building a generational company and community that will outlive all of us!
As the Developer Advocate, you will:
- Create and implement strategies (content, partnerships, investments, etc) to grow and nurture Twelve Labs’ developer community.
- Build, grow, and manage our presence in developer conferences and meetups to amplify Twelve Labs’ messages.
- Deliver compelling content (e.g., such as speaking at events, publishing/blogging, and through social media) to increase awareness, educate and inspire developers on large visual language models and build our reputation as a leader in this space.
- Deliver inspiring demos, prototypes, and tutorials and interact with developers in our community.
- Create a portfolio of technical assets (demos, videos, workshops, and codelabs) and run technical sessions to help developers adopt our APIs.
- Provide feedback to our research and product teams about developer needs and experiences with Twelve Labs.
- Become the product expert, understand different industry uses cases, and be the trusted partner for other GTM team members (bizdev, sales, and solutions architect)
The Developer Advocate role might be for you if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience building and scaling technical communities and leading developer relations.
- Have experience working in AI/ML space for a developer-focused API SaaS platform.
- Have knowledge of large neural networks (visual language models, LLMs, etc.) and are passionate about being up-to-date on the latest AI technologies and trends.
- Are a creator and a helper. You can create deeply insightful technical content (eg., such as blogs, articles, videos, tweets, etc) and enjoy helping people on Reddit, Quora, Stack Overflow, and other platforms.
- Are a giver of knowledge. You love teaching, making complex concepts intuitive, and reframing technology in a way that inspires.
- Are comfortable writing code and building quick prototypes.
- Are excited to take the initiative to build Twelve Labs developer community.
- Are excited about traveling to conferences, meetups, and other events to represent the team and our product.
- Thrive in a quickly evolving environment and have high tolerance for ambiguity. You are much as much of a doer as a strategist.
Even If there are a few checkboxes that aren’t ticked through your prior experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you are a 0-to-1 achiever, a ferocious learner, and a kind and fun team player who motivates others, you will find a home at Twelve Labs.
We welcome applicants from all walks of life and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We cherish and celebrate diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because it makes our company much stronger.
Benefits and Perks
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment.
🧑💻 Work closely with a collaborative, mission-driven team on cutting-edge AI technology.
🦷 Full health, dental, and vision benefits
✈️ Extremely flexible PTO and parental leave policy. Office closed the week of Christmas and New Years.
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in San Francisco and Seoul and coworking stipend
🛂 VISA support (such as H1B and OPT transfer for US employees)