Staff Product Designer
Product & Design – Design /
Twingate is building a modern remote access solution that simplifies and improves the way businesses secure access to their cloud, SaaS, and on-prem resources. Twingate is backed by leading investors such as BOND, WndrCo, 8VC, Green Bay Ventures, SignalFire, and Dropbox founders Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. Our investors share our belief that in a world where workforces are becoming increasingly distributed, it is critical to be able to effectively secure access to apps, data, and environments.
As part of our company culture, our belief in putting the customer first permeates our thinking in everything from our customer communications to the design process behind the product itself. If you take pride in creating experiences with the customer firmly at the center of the picture, we'd love to work with you.
At its core, Twingate is a team of builders who believe design thinking paired with strong visual execution is the secret to changing the status quo of an industry. If you share this belief and want to apply this mindset to the outdated VPN and network security space, we’d love to talk.
We are looking for a Staff Product Designer to shape the future of our product. You’ll own large areas of the current Twingate experience like our suite of 5 native client applications, admin console, and new product surfaces. The role emphasizes product thinking, craft, and rapid prototyping.
- Partner with product to develop a roadmap and design direction
- Talk with IT admins and DevOps engineers to deeply understand the problem space
- Break complex networking problems down into simple, easy to understand solutions
- Design and prototype North Star concepts in high-fidelity
- Work with the PM team to plan product roadmap and vision
- Collaborate closely with Engineers to ship polished experiences
- Establish and maintain design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Mentor other designers, providing guidance and constructive feedback to help them grow
- 5+ years of product design experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong visual and interaction design
- An appetite for technical problem spaces
Optional, but a major plus
- Technical prototyping skills (HTML/CSS/React)
- Motion design and video editing skills (e.g. After Effects)
- Brand and marketing experience
- Medical (PPO, HMO, HDHP), dental and vision insurance – employees covered 100%
- Basic Life, AD&D and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Healthcare, Dependent Care and Commuter
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays (approx. 11 days), Sick Leave (10 days), Paid Parental Leave (6 weeks), Maternity Leave (14 - 16 weeks)
- Retirement - Traditional 401k, Roth 401k
$160,000 - $220,000 a year
Twingate is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to Twingate’s success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.