Distributed Systems Engineer
Engineering – Core /
At Twisp, we’re a team of fintech veterans developing primitives to help engineers confidently build systems that handle financial transactions, balances, and insights at any scale. We’re a fully remote company with a mission to transform arcane financial protocols and complex ledger systems into simple, well-crafted developer experiences.
Even for the most experienced teams, correct ledger infrastructure and transactional workflows inevitably grow to become a multi-year engineering effort. Often only very large companies have the resources to tackle the fundamental challenges of correctness at scale. Our product helps teams deliver on strong transactional and integrity guarantees without sacrificing product velocity.
We’re fully funded and backed by top investors in our domain.
While our go-to-market is focused on financial use cases, the core technology behind Twisp is a fundamentally new way of thinking about the cloud as an operating system. We work to deliver the strongest security, integrity, and availability guarantees required for financial transactions, all on top of managed cloud services.
The practice of implementing strong guarantees within our distributed system architecture presents unique engineering challenges and complex tradeoffs. We underwrite those guarantees with a culture of engineering rigor appropriate for the most critical systems.
We strive to resolve the challenges faced by our customers into simple primitives and mental models that help developers build highly reliable systems, and we ask our engineering team to think deeply about how our decisions will impact developer experience.
We’re building a team of experts in distributed concurrency control and large scale data and compute systems who will drive Twisp closer to provable and verified correctness. We encourage participation in state-of-the-art academic and industry research related to our mission.
As a Distributed Systems Engineer you will be a leading individual contributor to the transaction and data layers that provide the guarantees at the core of Twisp.
- Promote a culture of correctness, data integrity, and verifiability.
- Design, build, and validate the core transactional, concurrency control, and storage management systems behind Twisp.
- Generate confidence in the system via formal verification, automated reasoning, and conformance testing.
- Ensure horizontal scalability and dynamic elasticity of computational resources as the architecture evolves and grows.
- Contribute to operational excellence through production debugging and support.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You’re a foundational lead engineer willing to learn and own the existing system, iterate, and when appropriate, re-engineer.
- You’re a driven individual contributor with a mindset of ownership, execution, and delivery.
- You have a strong bias toward correctness and verification.
- You have experience building and operating large distributed systems.
- You have interest in Bazel, Golang, Rust, and infrastructure-as-code.
Benefits and compensation:
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Unlimited paid vacation with mandatory minimums
- Top tier health benefits 100% paid for employees
- Fully remote team
We hire skilled people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our product to be able to adapt to the novel and ever-changing landscape of fintech. If are enthusiastic about crafting useful and beautiful software for the web, we want to hear from you.
Twisp is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.