Engineering Manager - Mobile
San Francisco, CA
Platform & Services – Client Platform
Twitch’s Mobile Engineering team is responsible for developing viewing applications for the Android and iOS platforms, supporting phone, tablet, and set-top devices. These platforms represent an ever-growing share of Twitch viewership and providing functional and delightful experiences on them is essential to user engagement. As an Engineering Manager you’ll help grow our Mobile Engineering team to deliver on our expanding mobile product scope, while maintaining a very high quality and stability bar for the applications.
- Grow the Mobile Engineering team by hiring exceptional engineers
- Represent your team in engineering, design and product discussions with other teams
- Work closely with product management to influence product strategy and define the product roadmap
- Ensure the timely execution of the product roadmap and stability and quality of the product itself
- Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued growth and development
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- 2+ years experience as engineering manager or team lead
- Experience shipping user-facing products, preferably for mobile platforms
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers and other engineering leaders in cross-functional groups
- Programming experience and domain knowledge on Android and/or iOS
- Familiarity with video compression and streaming technologies
- Familiarity with web technologies and languages
- Familiarity with scheduling and ticket management tools such as JIRA and Pivotal
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.