Senior Software Engineer - Twitch Subscriptions
San Francisco, CA
Commerce – Commerce
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The services we create for our users have deep, lasting effects on their lives. For many of our partnered broadcasters, streaming on Twitch is a career, and our payments system is central to making that possible.
We're looking for a software engineer who gets why the story, "I bought a sub using my favorite streamer's sub button so I can talk in sub-only chat" starts off looking simple, but isn't. You like wrangling existing technologies together to solve business problems. Maybe you've built an e-commerce site or two.
- Work with engineering managers, product managers, technical leads and other engineers to design, develop, and deliver subscription services that positively impact our broadcasters
- Collaborate within and outside of the team to clarify product requirements and align on technical vision and execution
- Architect key components of our next generation of subscription offering; and play a key role in design and code reviews
- Be a multiplier of the team's impact, velocity, and technical excellence by improving engineering processes and tools
- Mentor and cultivate junior engineers
- A track record of designing, building and scaling complex systems that are highly impactful - through a mix of experimentation, core execution, and technical infrastructure efforts
- High fluency in data structures, algorithms, data modeling and schema design
- Outstanding coding skills in one or more of the following language: Go, Ruby, Python, Java, C++
- 5+ years as a software engineer; including 2+ years in a technical lead capacity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to create alignment via influence
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior relevant engineering experiences
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Previous experience in commerce or payments domain
- Twitch user, broadcaster, or partner or experience in the gaming industry
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.