Director of Content - Thailand
Business Operations & Go-To-Market – Content Partnerships
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect streamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
Twitch is seeking a Director of Content to lead the content and partnerships team in Thailand. The Director will be responsible for leading and driving partner and content acquisition strategy across various content genres. There will be a specific focus on partnerships with top tier creators and creator networks, as well as traditional content studios. The Director will be responsible for management of Twitch’s partners in Thailand, providing exceptional support through personal relationships and providing ongoing education to enable partners to grow.
The Director will lead the strategy and manage execution of complex partnership agreements with key content creators in the Thai media space. The Director will build and manage the content and partnerships team and is primarily responsible for reporting all content matters to HQ and to the Southeast Asia Regional Manager in a timely fashion.
The ideal candidate has a rich history in business development and new media and experience in the Thai gaming and esports community. The Director should also possess strong people management, organizational skills and have a customer service mentality, with ability to manage and execute against aggressive goals.
- Manage, build, and develop team of account managers, content acquisition managers and event programming
- Lead development of annual programming initiatives including community events
- Develop and execute against content acquisition strategy in market
- Manage and strengthen relationships with existing esports partners and esports teams
- Bridge the language barrier between Twitch and the local community
- Partner with our customer support team to help resolve partner issues
- 8-10+ years creator management, esports, content acquisition or business development experience
- Native verbal, written, and interpersonal skills in Thai
- Proficient in speaking and writing English
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Deep knowledge of the Thai esports, gaming, media industry, and streamer communities
- Familiarity with the Twitch platform
- Existing relationships with the Thai content creator and broadcasting community
- Experience with esports, live video content, or gaming communities
- Understanding of common online video and online advertising metrics
- Previous employment at a game or media company, or as a content creator
- Proficiency with managing social media and providing insight
- MBA or relevant business degree in a related field of study
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.