Sr. Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Platform & Services – Data Infrastructure
About the position
Twitch’s product teams develop ecosystem to enable broadcasters make a living educating and entertaining their fans. Our core products span the range of live-streaming technologies like our video CDN and streaming broadcasting software, social and communication products like chat and moderation, commerce and monetization tools like subscriptions and advertising and developer support for extending the Twitch experience. The >20B events we produce per day are the building blocks for continuous improvement and optimization of our existing products, for the development of new capabilities that personalize experiences and educate our users and for enabling our leaders to make good strategic decisions.
The Science team at Twitch is seeking a Senior Data Engineer with the curiosity, drive and ingenuity to develop the infrastructure and systems that empower our research teams to iterate rapidly and deploy solutions for the product teams we support. Working closely with data and applied scientists, you will have the opportunity to directly impact critical company-wide functions like experimentation and training, and building, training, and deploying models. Our product team partners will look to you for advice on data product technical design and to help prototype practical approaches to use data to enable new capabilities.
This is a great opportunity to have impact on your favorite creators at one of the fastest growing tech and entertainment products in the world.
- Develop and build new data systems to support products at Twitch
- Expanding and optimizing existing data infrastructure and pipelines
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Provide scientists and engineers with guidance and mentorship on implementation challenges
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our creators
- 5+ years of software development experience
- You are comfortable in several programming languages and excited about building new systems and features in Go and Python.
- Passion for software design and building systems that other people love to use and work with.
- You have experience building and scaling distributed, highly-available systems.
- You build systems through design, experimentation, measurement and testing.
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some area and can be good teachers and mentors
- You’ve worked on big-data (multi-TB) engineering problems.
- You’ve worked with Amazon Web Services.
- You have experience building and testing your own user-facing projects and have intuition about both user behavior and product design
- You already know a lot about online communities, games, or Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://www.twitch.tv and http://science.twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.