Applied Scientist - Recommendations
San Francisco, CA
Consumer Product – Viewer Experience
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Recommendations (matching viewers with live content they greatly enjoy), is core to that vision. As an applied scientist on Twitch Recommendations Team, you will help design, prototype and implement algorithms and techniques connect Twitch users with the right content. This is a broad problem, and may include extracting and using data from live video using computer vision (CV), or from chat using natural language processing (NLP). By improving Twitch’s recommendation products using machine learning, you will help Twitch’s viewers have a great experience, and help Twitch’s broadcasters find more passionate fans.
At Twitch, a part of Amazon, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment in the heart of San Francisco, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.
- Design, prototype, and implement Machine Learning (ML) recommendation products, leveraging Deep Learning (DL), computer vision (CV) and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Keep up to date with state-of-the-art ML algorithms and techniques and be able to apply them when appropriate
- Push the state-of-the-art to address Twitch’s unique requirements
- Collaborate with team members in the discovery group in an effective manner
- Interest in improving content discovery on Twitch via Recommendations
- Deep knowledge of ML algorithms and their feasibility for implementation
- Ability to apply ML theory to address Twitch viewers needs
- Hands-on experience in developing Deep Learning algorithms, and experience in using Deep Learning libraries, e.g., TensorFlow, MxNet, PyTorch, Theano, etc.
- Desire and ability to write production quality code
- MS / Ph.D. in computer science or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge in ONE of the following areas, with either published research or publically available code of algorithms
- Recommender algorithms, e.g., collaborative filtering, content based recommendations, deep models for recommendations, etc.
- Computer Vision: large scale object detection, activity recognition, OCR, learning with few examples, etc.
- Natural Language Processing: Word/Sentence Embeddings, Topic Detection, Sentiment Analysis, Entity Extraction, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in software development via an internship, work experience, coding competitions or submissions to open source projects.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the shared interactions of millions. At any given moment, more than a million people come together from all over the globe to interact around this distinct form of live entertainment. From streaming, watching, chatting, and cheering about video games and esports to many other interests including traditional sports, anime, sci-fi, wrestling, music, cooking, the creative arts, and more, there’s something for everyone on Twitch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.