Senior UI/UX Designer
San Francisco, CA OR Irvine, CA
Consumer Product – Shared Spaces, Product Insights, & User Experience
We are looking for a thoughtful, empathetic, and strong visual designer that can support feature teams, and own big product initiatives with heavy focus on cross-platform design systems. In this role, you’d be focused on shaping Design System and a Component Library that will be used in all Twitch UI.
As part of the Design Systems Team, you will work on the components in our patterns library, collaborate with peers, and document decisions in our design guidelines. This work will help designers create consistent experience that reflects Twitch brand, meet accessibility standards and promotes efficiency and better designer and developer communication.
You are involved in every step of the process, from working with Product Managers and Feature Teams to help define the products we build to working with engineering to ensure the final product meets the design bar.
- Be a strong advocate for the Twitch Pattern Library & Cross-Platform focused UI/UX concerns
- Work with Feature Teams, engineering and UX research to create new patterns or improve existing ones
- Create Design Systems documentation
- Design and build cross-platform experiences
- Help shape and lead planning and brainstorming sessions with Product Managers, engineering and designers
- Gather feedback from stakeholders and quickly iterate on designs and prototypes
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing your past work and process
- You have 5+ years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products
- Experience designing cross-platform products
- Accessibility best practices
- Experience shipping applications (seeing through all the stages of product lifecycle)
- Experience Working at scale with Pattern Libraries or Design Systems
- Have understanding and empathy towards users and communities around Twitch
- You have the ability to communicate design concepts and get stakeholders on board
- You have experience working with Product Managers and Engineering
- Formal education in Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI
- Contributed to the development of UI style guide or pattern library
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.