Data Analyst, Business Operations & International
San Francisco, CA
Business Operations & Go-To-Market – Ventures & Operations
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and analysts are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision making in all of our operations. As an analyst at Twitch, you will be in on the ground floor with the Business Operations & International team, shaping the way product performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced data analyst who will assist our Business Operations & International team. The Business Operations & International team partners with Twitch’s product and business leaders to drive ad hoc strategic analyses, optimize business performance, and deliver best-in-class execution. From advising on our content acquisition strategy to evaluating new market and product opportunities, the team drives strategic recommendations with actionable insights. Working directly with the leads on the team, you will be responsible for guiding the team’s thought process when it comes to leveraging platform-level data to help answer large and complex strategic questions.
- Tackle complex and ambiguous analysis projects: resolve ambiguity as much as possible in all stages, comfortably flex among various tools to answer complicated questions, and accurately identify the trade-offs between speed and quality and apply or route work as necessary
- Establish analytical framework for your team: partner with product and engineering teams to define measurement approaches, quantify and evaluate success, develop KPIs and guide tracking efforts for ongoing measurement and reporting
- Supplement day-to-day operations with data - provide your team with ad hoc analyses, and operational analyses through automated reports and dashboards and self-service reporting tools that accurately reflect the health of their business and help them track their progress towards their goals
- Be an effective mentor for your team & the company through your domain and process expertise, and your broad understanding of our data structure and stores, increasing the data literacy of your team
- Maintain a culture of high quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to unexpected obstacles and reallocate resources as necessary
- Expert SQL skills--your ability to tap into our data pipeline will be key to your success
- Proven track record of using data to generate insight and drive business results
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including time series analysis, experimentation, data visualization, and defining KPI strategy for your business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of industry experience in a relevant field
- Technical background with some programming experience
- Statistics and hypotheses testing experience or knowledge is always a plus
- You know a lot about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.