Senior Product Counsel
San Francisco, CA
Legal – Legal
Twitch’s legal department is seeking a Senior Product Counsel to join its legal team, primarily responsible for advising our consumer product, marketing, Trust and Safety, and Data Security teams on content and media laws and regulations, privacy/data security, consumer protection, advertising/marketing, data security, and other global legal/regulatory compliance in connection with Twitch’s products and content on our service. Leveraging good judgment, strong business sense, and focusing on the needs of our users, you will assist the product, marketing, and other teams to develop thoughtful strategies in connection with product development, content and marketing policies, and trust and safety practices, while assessing and mitigating legal risk. This role is an excellent opportunity to join Twitch’s close-knit legal team, build relationships with counterparts on Amazon legal teams and with our outside counsel, and have fun tackling the complex issues of our user community.
- Review products, programs and initiatives to advise on a range of global laws, regulations and industry standards, with a focus on privacy/data security, consumer protection, content/media, and intellectual property laws and regulations
- Drafting and guide the implementation of policies, terms, disclosures, and processes across the business, to strengthen the consumer experience, and to protect the company’s legal interests
- Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Content, Trust & Safety, Marketing, and other teams
- Ensure Amazon and Twitch legal policies and best practices are adhered to, and collaborate within the legal team to improve our operations and efficiency at scale
- Remain up-to-date on relevant laws and industry standards
- J.D. Degree and excellent academic credentials; member in good standing of California Bar, or eligible to practice as Registered In-House Counsel in California
- 8-10 years prior legal experience, with both prior in-house experience at a consumer technology company and prior leading law firm experience required; prior government/regulatory agency experience preferred.
- Substantial experience in US and international laws, standards and best practices governing content/media, privacy/data protection, consumer protection, and intellectual property
- A solid understanding of product and policy development and business operations; demonstrated experience advising clients in the development of internet, mobile, video or gaming products
- A curious, critical thinker, with meticulous attention to detail, excellent judgment, and the ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways; ability to apply abstract and difficult concepts to the practical needs of our business operations.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Outstanding communications skills, including written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- A consensus builder with great people skills, who can effectively and efficiently collaborate and build relationships with multiple functions throughout the organization to get needed information and support, and solve complex problems.
- Positive energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, confidence, an easy-going attitude, and a great sense of humor.
- Privacy certification (e. g. CIPP or similar)
- Gaming industry experience
- Relevant technical degree or high level of comfort with technology
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.