Senior Business Analyst, Business Development
San Francisco, CA
Business Operations & Go-To-Market – Business Development
Twitch is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join their Central Business Development team and focus on supporting the execution of our most Strategic Deals.
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and analysts are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision making in all of our operations. As a Senior Business Analyst at Twitch, you will be in on the ground floor with the Business Development team, shaping the way our deals performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business. Additionally, you will play a key role in supporting the vision for business analytics, solutions architecture for data related business constructs, as well as tactical execution such as product launch performance reporting. Ultimately, you are paving the way for high quality, high velocity decisions making in support of setting our Strategic Partnerships for success.
For this role, we're looking for a senior data analyst who will be working cross functionally with the go-to-market and commerce functions, including Esport monetization, growth marketing, product marketing and developer success. You will be responsible for driving insights to on our partnerships as well as provide guidance on success/failure metrics.
- Operationalize data processes - provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business
- Establish analytical framework for your business team: partner across stakeholders to define measurement approach, quantify and evaluate success, and develop KPIs and guide tracking efforts for ongoing measurement and reporting
- Evangelize data knowledge and insights: manage communications with your stakeholders and other teams, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve
- Maintain a customer-centric focus: strive to be a Strategic Partnership expert through data, develop trust amongst your peers and stakeholders, and ensure that your team has access to data to make decisions
- Prioritize and execute in the face of ambiguity: work with stakeholders and mentors to distill the problem, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions, and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches
- Create analytical frameworks to measure success: partner with cross-functional teams to define success metrics, create approaches to track the data and troubleshoot errors, quantify and evaluate the data, then develop a common language for all colleagues to understand these KPIs
- Support data processes - provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of domain experience in a consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or business unit
- Expert SQL skills. Ability to tap into Twitch’s data pipeline will be key to success
- Proven track record of using data to generate insights and drive business results
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including time series analysis, experimentation, data visualization, and defining KPI strategy for your business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present to C-suite
- Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical capabilities
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment
- Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Technical background with some programming experience
- Decent knowledge of video game industry and/or esport
- Passion for video gaming and Twitch
- Statistics and AB testing experience or knowledge is always a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.