Senior Data Quality Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Twitch’s data ecosystem is growing rapidly; we ingest nearly two billion events per day from multiple platforms including web, mobile apps and game consoles. High quality data informs strategic business decisions, product experimentation, engineering optimization, public-facing data dashboards and more. In this role, you will build trust in the data the whole company relies on; working with engineering teams to produce accurate and rich data, infrastructure teams to make sure data flows reliably, and analytical customers throughout the company who need confidence in the data to make informed decisions.
This is a unique and important role that will put you at the forefront of analytics technology practices. Twitch has built a robust custom data pipeline for user behavior tracking, and over time it has become widely used across the company. As the value of this data source has increased, our focus on data quality has also increased—and that’s where you’ll lead the charge.
- Create excellent working relationships across the company to resolve data questions and issues.
- Recommend and manage data validation processes to confirm that data is available and accurate.
- Understand data lineage from collection to transformation to end user consumption.
- Track and analyze suspected data quality issues to determine root cause and then follow through on corrective and preventative measures.
- Oversee automated monitoring and alerting.
- Conduct periodic database cleanups.
- Participate in data-related communication, such as notifying stakeholders during and after data quality incidents, and managing documentation about data elements.
- Effective experience working with SQL.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Solid project management ability with attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, especially as the translator between business and technical groups.
- Hands-on experience implementing user behavior tracking, especially across web, mobile apps and other platforms.
- Knowledge of procedural programming and/or statistics.
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.