San Francisco, CA
Good product decisions begin with a deep understanding of user needs. Twitch’s user experience research team provides key insights that guide the product development process from ideation to launch, and conducts strategic generative research that shapes product roadmaps and sparks ideas for new features.
We figure out the best method and approach to answer product questions, deliver actionable results and recommendations to our internal partners, and work closely with viewers and broadcasters to understand their experiences. We offer a qualitative perspective to answer the “whys” and “hows” surrounding user behavior across Twitch. And we help lead a user-centered design process through iterative, evaluative research.
- Design and conduct qualitative and ethnographic studies that inform product design and strategy; translate data into results that have a clear, direct impact on product development
- Advise product leaders on research opportunities and best practices at all stages of an agile product development process
- Effectively communicate research findings to diverse audiences through writing and presentations; represent user research in key product discussions
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high-impact projects, triage external requests, and bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
- Experience with a variety of industry-focused qualitative research methods, such as semi-structured interviews, contextual inquiries, usability studies, diary studies, unmoderated remote studies, paper prototyping and surveys. Previous experience applying these methods directly to the product development process is highly preferred
- Understanding of qualitative analysis and reporting methods suitable for the fast pace of industry; ability to quickly shift the methodology and scope of research projects to meet short deadlines while collecting the best possible data and delivering actionable results
- Previous experience working with human research subjects; experience with a mix of lab-based studies, fieldwork and online research desirable; ability to effectively create screening criteria, recruit research participants, build rapport, and moderate studies
- Background in HCI, sociology, applied anthropology, social psychology, design research or related field; advanced degree preferred
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some area and can be good teachers and mentors
- You have experience working on accessibility-focused research
- You have first-hand experience conducting research across a variety of devices, including desktop computers, smartphones, gaming consoles and media players
- Basic understanding of statistics and quantitative data analysis
- Familiarity with usability lab video recording equipment
- You already know a lot about online communities, games, or Twitch
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunches and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more athttp://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.