Content Strategy Manager
San Francisco, CA
Business Operations & Go-To-Market – Content Partnerships
Twitch is looking for a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills to join the Strategy and Analytics team at Twitch. This individual will help to define and execute the vision, strategy and day-to-day tactics and goals that we employ to maximize the performance of the business.
As a key member of the Strategy and Analytics team, you will be exploring ways to develop and drive business for existing businesses like game broadcasting, esports and new premium content verticals. You will also define and incubate new businesses for the content team to launch, and look for opportunities to drive more value across the content team.
You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- Candidate will contribute to tracking, forecasting and reporting upon performance and helping to set aggressive business goals during the planning process
- Serve as a key member of the Twitch Content team focused on helping to drive the Twitch Content strategic opportunities and collaborate on product strategy to achieve goals
- Define a global business plan and goals for the content team and ensure it is in line with the Twitch Content strategic direction
- Execute the business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. finance, business operations, partnerships, esports, legal, etc.)
- Identify new adjacent businesses and categories that the content team can explore
- Define the strategy, build the model, and follow through on execution of the strategic initiatives
- Prepare business reviews for the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to executing on the strategic vision
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets
- Develop long-term strategic plans for international expansion, not only in-channel, but also with dependencies across the organization (payment methods, tax, legal barriers, etc), and in partnership with international business leaders working on expanding broadcasters and viewers internationally
- Use strong data analysis skills, including the ability to work with technical analysts to make sure the right data is being collected to answer the right questions
- Data visualization and presentation skills are a must
- The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess strategy, business development, or consulting/banking experience with extensive business modeling experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal organizations is key
- Experience working within the gaming industry is highly desired
- MBA highly desired; working knowledge of data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired
- Can write SQL queries
- Familiarity with OTT, streaming video, and/or gaming industries
- Experience in strategy, corporate planning, or internal consulting
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.