Country Manager - Japan
Business Operations & Go-To-Market – Content Partnerships
Twitch is seeking an innovative Country Manager in Japan to lead and grow the business in a fast growing, dynamic environment. The Country Manager will have an entrepreneurial spirit to build our growing business on behalf of content creators, media partners, agencies, publishers, and developers. You will own and execute on the vision, strategy, and day-to-day tactics that we employ to grow the business in Japan. Twitch's business in Japan is in high growth mode and we seek an individual that thinks big and is comfortable operating across functional lines to identify and execute on new growth opportunities through partner development, business development, strategic partnerships, and marketing. This leader will build operationally mature business units that take care of the local needs of our broadcasters and audience members.
In this highly visible role, you will own country level business plans and will work with commerce and sales teams to drive top line revenue and manage the P&L for Japan. In addition to ownership of core viewership targets, you will be responsible for other associated financial, operational, and customer satisfaction metrics. You should be a proven operator in managing deal teams, content creator relationships, product, marketing, and business development teams. You should be customer obsessed, data-driven, and comfortable influencing up and down a large organization, especially at senior levels.
Additionally, you will hire content acquisition teams and help build out separate cross-functional areas including marketing, social, and finance. This leader will shorten business and product approval times, develop analytical and data driven business plans and requests, and work with the GM of Emerging Markets on business and product support in Twitch HQ.
- Meeting and exceeding the Japan hours watched goals
- Ensure Twitch is well positioned within the Japanese entertainment, gaming, and media ecosystem
- Lead content acquisition, partner, and account management strategy in Japan
- Foster key strategic relationships with partners at the C-Suite level
- Ensure localization requirements are included in product roadmaps
- Lead cross-functional collaboration: this individual will work closely with a variety of internal and external partners to exceed goals for shared business objectives in Japan
- Ensure global product rollouts and marketing strategies are localized appropriately for Japan
- Partner with GM - Emerging Markets and work with finance, strategy and analytics, and data science teams to define and measure success
- 10+ years in entertainment, gaming, or media leadership roles
- Fluent in Japanese and English, both written and oral communication
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to take ownership and achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience with presenting to and influencing at all levels within a large, cross-functional organization
- MBA degree
- Strong existing relationships in creator, influencer, and gaming communities
- Familiarity with Twitch as a fan
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.