Business Development and Client Partner
Remote (Virtual Location) /
Sales & Marketing /
TXI is looking for a Client Partner who can become a strategic advisor to our clients.
Building the right thing is as hard as building it right. Most products fail because they are not solving the real user need. We take a pragmatic approach to innovation by deploying integrated teams to uncover insights from users and build compelling digital solutions that solve the right problems and drive user adoption.
A Client Partner is a role focused on Business Development at TXI. It requires a deep understanding of the software development industry, client relationship management, and highly consultative sales processes. The primary responsibility of this role is to generate demand for the custom software solutions offered by TXI and manage client relationships from initial contact to project delivery.
Here's what we expect from you:
- Possess a practitioner’s point of view and depth of knowledge based on successes and failures in bringing new digital products to life across different industries
- Stay current with industry trends: The business development leader must keep up to date with the latest trends in custom software development, market demand, and client needs to ensure TXI's services remain relevant and competitive.
- Build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with clients and find an inside track to insights and opportunities for new products and opportunities. Ensure that our clients are satisfied with the entire product lifecycle journey while identifying new opportunities for TXI to provide additional value to the client.
- Take accountability for maintaining a high standard of excellence for deliverables and TXI’s value-add to clients
- Negotiate and advise with high integrity, authenticity, and influence to build trusted, long-term strategic partnerships
- Read clients with remarkable accuracy and adapt the approach as needed; listen for what isn’t being said to see opportunities and issues where others don’t
- Strategically reframe problems to create moments of clarity within the context of the business opportunity and constraints
- Leverage design thinking and facilitation skills to successfully challenge and push client teams to think differently about what’s possible, and to harness insights from within and build conviction around a vision and solution
- Lead with needs (vs. solutions), adept at guiding and potentially participating in research activities to generate new insights Focus on outcomes and establishing ways to measure success and the impact on the business
- Take calculated risks and bring new thinking and approaches to the table
- Demonstrate courage and confidence in leading and advising teams to create outsized value and outcomes
- Turn curiosity into opportunities by asking strategic questions and opening doors to new conversations
- Create and launch engagements that nurture employee experience and growth. Provide coaching for teams and clients to help create an environment where engaged teams can do their best work.
Core Responsibilities - New Business Development (65%):
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities with prospective clients by leveraging the firm's expertise, services, and solutions. These accounts should be chosen based on criteria such as industry, size, revenue, and growth potential. Once the accounts have been identified, work with our team to create a list of the decision-makers and stakeholders within those accounts who will be the primary targets for outreach and connection.
- Develop Personalized Content: With the target accounts and decision-makers identified, collaborate with Marketing to develop personalized content that speaks directly to the pain points and challenges faced by those decision-makers. This could include case studies, whitepapers, webinars, or other TXI thought leadership content that demonstrates our firm's expertise and ability to solve the specific problems faced by the target accounts.
- Engage Decision-Makers: Once the personalized content has been developed, collaborate with Marketing to engage decision-makers within the target accounts through a variety of channels (Use existing analytics thru TXI’s CRM and buyer intent data (Zoom Info) for prospecting and outreach to attract marketing qualified leads and new contacts). This could include email outreach, targeted social media engagement, or personalized direct mail campaigns and phone calls. The goal of these engagements is to create a dialogue with the decision-makers, understand their needs and challenges, and begin building a relationship with them.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision-makers at target client companies, including C-suite executives, department heads, and product leaders.
- Participate in top of funnel activities including industry conferences, networking events, and other business development opportunities to build the firm's reputation and expand its reach.
- Measure and Optimize: Collaborate with Marketing to measure the effectiveness of our efforts and continuously optimize our approach. This could involve tracking engagement rates with personalized content, monitoring the progression of target accounts through the sales funnel, or primary research to gather feedback from decision-makers. The marketing team will provide content around our service offerings and capabilities, data and analytics, collateral (including Whitepapers and thought leadership), social proof (case studies, awards, and reviews), client stories (videos and testimonials), mid funnel engagement opportunities (events, workshops), and insights needed to effectively engage decision-makers within the target accounts. In turn, Business Development should provide feedback on the effectiveness of the content and engagement strategies, and help refine the campaign over time. Based on these insights, we can collaboratively adjust our messaging and engagement strategies to improve our results and achieve their sales goals.
Core Responsibilities - Client Partner Relationship (35%):
- Manage 1-2 core client relationships. Uncover growth opportunities for TXI and expand our accounts through successful relationship building, negotiation and influence.
- Collaborate with TXI consulting and delivery teams to craft proposals and pitches that address client needs and articulate the value of the firm's services. Lead the proposal process, including creating a proposal timeline, coordinating proposal development and reviews, and ensuring timely submission of proposals.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with clients, working closely with the TXI delivery team to ensure best practices and approach.
- Understand client’s customers, business, and market to bring holistic perspective to and to spot trends for new product development opportunities.
- Develop presentations and narratives to help leaders build conviction internally and secure funding to pursue digital product innovation
- Act as subject matter expert in digital product innovation and become a trusted advisor to key stakeholders
- Coach/mentor team on business strategy and bring new approaches for experimentation and process improvement
- Take a high level view across clients and engagements to evolve TXI's market offerings, partner with marketing, demand and delivery to package new offerings and support bringing them to market. Engage with clients, partners with marketing to create thought leadership content and case studies representative of the client’s engagement to demonstrate TXI's offerings and differentiated value proposition
- At least 5 years of experience in business development, sales, or marketing in the custom software industry.
- Experience in generating and managing a sales pipeline, from lead generation to contract negotiation and project delivery.
- A proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Deep experience in defining, launching and evolving digital products
- Practitioner of agile, design thinking and lean startup methodologies. Knowledge of custom software development processes and technologies.
- Familiarity with common digital product technologies
- Proven track record in developing and growing successful client partnerships
- Strong business and technical acumen with the ability to converse fluently about digital products in the larger context of the business and market
- Data-driven mindset, whether it’s qualitative or quantitative, to inform insights
- Strategic, pragmatic thinker with a grounded approach to problem solving and innovation
- Thoughtful, compelling communicator and influencer in both writing and speaking
- Calculated risk taker that thrives in uncertainty and creates clarity from ambiguity
- Growth mindset, able to give and receive thoughtful feedback, lifelong learner and servant leader
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend industry events.
Some reasons why you might like working with us
We have been recognized for both our internal employee experience and for delivering a trusted customer experience. At TXI, we are intentional about the way we work and how we support both our team and our clients.
1. We focus on Product Innovation by helping to envision initial new product concepts for our clients. We are core contributors to shaping the work that we do and the problems we're working to solve. In addition to that ideation stage, we get to help them bring these new concepts to market. We help both to build the right thing (design thinking and product discovery) and build the thing right (agile mindset and iterative approach).
2. We care about DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging). To deliver the best solutions, we need as many bright and diverse minds in the room as possible, and we need to be able to learn from them once they’re there. That’s why we’re working to create an environment that’s inclusive for everyone. Learn more about our DEIB learnings, roadmap, and history.
3. We work in a variety of industries and encourage our team members to explore new domains, solve different kinds of problems, and adopt new technologies. There is no getting bored in our portfolio. You’ll work across healthcare, EdTech, manufacturing, and nonprofits–just to name a few–and build web, mobile, and IoT solutions.
4. We work in integrated teams (and avoid staff augmentation). At TXI, we seek to bring all of the good ideas to the table so you learn from the talented teammates you regularly pair with. Product, design, and development regularly collaborate, and we are all listening to the same users.
5. We are intentional about supporting each individual's growth. "Challenge and support each other" is a core value of the company and we take that mission seriously. That's why every employee has a personal learning & development budget and a bi-weekly conversation with their manager about their progress–as well as why we created career grids to equitably promote each person's path at TXI.
6. We believe that wellness and a sustainable pace deliver the best outcomes. We commit to being dedicated partners to our clients for a sustainable 35 hours per week. We don't require regular travel or client on-site time. Our team members enjoy flexible schedules with a remote-first working environment and discretionary time off because we respect that everyone has a life outside of work.
7. We value transparency and open discussion. You will have a front-line view of the company's performance, risks and issues, finances, and budgets. With unique tools and facilitation techniques, we also regularly connect with each other and discuss topics as a company to guide our path forward.
8. We build products that matter. We advance the causes and goals of our partners and consistently deliver outcomes for them. See some examples below.
What We Make
For over two decades, we've partnered with clients across industries to research, design, and develop custom web and mobile applications that make a meaningful impact. Some examples of that impact include:
<> Empowering nonprofits with real-time insight into progress and potential for donor impact through transformative fundraising software
<> Designing a digital experience that is driven by evidence-based treatment and therapy plans to support LGBTQ+ youths who face societal and personal biases due to their orientation
<> Driving accountability and motivation for patients recovering from spinal surgery through an integrated mobile app and wearable device on the patient’s lower back
<> Improving prediction of patient enrollment in global clinical trials for life-saving drugs through the integration of advanced analytics and digital innovation
<> Creating a new mobile app to inspire employees to love where they work by delivering meaningful savings and recognition in their workplace, while also amplifying merchant partner reach across the U.S.
But the work is just one part of what makes TXI a rewarding place to be. We support each others’ interests—whether it’s volunteering, organizing meetups, speaking at industry events, or learning new techniques and technologies. If there's something you're passionate about, we want you to pursue it and teach it to the rest of us. Our company Brunch & Learns, Sticky Note Game, and regular practice meetings are just some of the ways we create space for sharing, learning, and professional development.
What We Offer
We believe in equitable pay. The base salary range for this role is $150k - $210k USD. In addition to base compensation, there is an incentive target bonus based on company performance as well as the following benefits:
- Discretionary paid time off
- Quality health insurance and medical travel benefit
- Paid parental leave policy (equal for all TXI parents)
- 401k plan, including employer matching
- The option to work fully remotely with minimal client or onsite client work
- Company retreats and Quarterly days, both of which are a chance to connect with each other in person and outside of the office
- Benefits for continuing education, donation matching, home office improvements, and renewable energy switching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program: TXI is 100% employee-owned through an ESOP, which grants shares of company stock to all employees as a retirement benefit
- TXI is proud to be a carbon-neutral organization, thanks to its partnership with Climate Vault. That means all activities done by our employees (you!) are neutralized as part of our company’s annual carbon footprint.
US-friendly hours are strongly preferred. We have a remote-first environment at TXI, with distributed team members in the US, Canada, and Europe who work from home. We communicate and collaborate effectively in a remote environment using tools like Miro, Notion, Slack, and Zoom. We also prioritize virtual bonding and emphasize inclusivity, autonomy, and trust while cultivating a safe and welcoming environment that is conducive to supporting a positive employee experience.
While we encourage asynchronous communication, we often work in pairs or in collaboration sessions. Therefore, it is important to have some core hours of overlap with our clients and your fellow team members. Regardless of where you are living and working, all TXIers have multiple opportunities throughout the year to meet and hang out in person to continue building those connections.
We take equality seriously
TXI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
In an effort to protect our employees and their families during these unusual times, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment with TXI. This means all individuals must be fully-vaccinated (i.e. two weeks after their second shot for a 2-dose vaccine such as Pfizer or Moderna, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine such as Johnson & Johnson) to be employed with TXI. Of course, we are willing to consider requests for accommodation on an individualized basis. Any medical information will be kept confidential.