Don’t see an open role? Send us resume anyway!
Remote (Virtual Location) /
We welcome inquisitive developers, agilists, and designers of all stripes
At TXI, you’ll work alongside musicians, foodies, researchers, artists, entrepreneurs, writers and parents who take tremendous pride in the technology solutions they create. We also believe in doing things right. Right by our employees, our clients and our community.
If you’re curious, talented and hungry, we want to hear from you.
Who We Are
We’re a curious and humble group of people who are intentional about personal growth and supporting each other’s careers. We’re always looking for new skills, frameworks, and approaches to deliver the most meaningful digital product experiences. And we’re constantly pushing ourselves to experiment, explore, and challenge assumptions.
We bring that same passion for learning and growth to our clients, by digging into their organizations, reframing their problem statements, and spending time with their users. This ensures that we’re pushing our clients forward while developing and delivering valuable products that matter.
Learn more about TXI (video)
What your days will look like, and what success will look like
It’s important to set the right expectations in order to promote your growth at TXI. Here is some of what you can expect in your first two years as a TXI'er.
Within 1 month, you will
// Start the company onboarding process and learn more about our company’s culture, values, history, and commitments to our clients
// Gain an understanding of our integrated development process, tooling and frameworks, and project approach
// Shadow client teams to learn from our integrated teams of designers, developers, and delivery managers
// Learn more about the client experience, from product discovery to delivery and then to maintenance
// Go deeper into the employee experience of working at TXI. Meet with key leaders across the company and build relationships with the broader team
// If staffed onto client work, start onboarding to client domain and learn about the engagement.
Within 3 months, you will
// Complete your onboarding process with your onboarding cohort
// Reviewed career grid and met with your manager to identify goals
// Receive your first quarterly feedback report
// Attend your first TXI Quarterly with the rest of the organization
Within 6 months, you will
// Start to see the impact on your project and project team. You will participate in client-facing retrospectives along the way to look for opportunities to evolve and improve
// Complete a review with your manager
// Push your team to do its best work yet. You’ll know the team well by this point and understand how to encourage them to do work we are all incredibly proud of
Within 1 year, you will
// Attend a company retreat to get to know all of the employees outside of the office setting
// Potentially start with a second client or re-engage with your first client on a new product or phase of work while deepening your relationships
// Attend your first ESOP share party as an employee-owner and celebrate the value we're building together
After 2 years, you will
// Look back proudly on the projects and organizational changes you’ve inspired or directed, as well as the impact you have made across TXI
Some reasons why you might like working with us
We have been recognized for both our internal employee experience and for delivering a trusted customer experience. At TXI, we are intentional about the way we work and how we support both our team and our clients.
1. We focus on Product Innovation by helping to envision initial new product concepts for our clients. We are core contributors to shaping the work that we do and the problems we're working to solve. In addition to that ideation stage, we get to help them bring these new concepts to market. We help both to build the right thing (design thinking and product discovery) and build the thing right (agile mindset and iterative approach).
2. We care about DEIB (diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging). To deliver the best solutions, we need as many bright and diverse minds in the room as possible, and we need to be able to learn from them once they’re there. That’s why we’re working to create an environment that’s inclusive for everyone. Learn more about our DEIB learnings, roadmap, and history.
3. We work in a variety of industries and encourage our team members to explore new domains, solve different kinds of problems, and adopt new technologies. There is no getting bored in our portfolio. You’ll work across life science, healthcare, EdTech, manufacturing, and nonprofits–just to name a few–and build web, mobile, and IoT solutions.
4. We work in integrated teams (and occasionally we will work as staff augmentation if there's a good rationale for it). At TXI, we seek to bring all of the good ideas to the table so you learn from the talented teammates you regularly pair with. Product, design, and engineering regularly collaborate.
5. We are intentional about supporting each individual's growth. "Challenge and support each other" is a core value of the company and we take that mission seriously. That's why every employee has a personal learning & development budget and a bi-weekly conversation with their manager about their progress–as well as why we created career grids to equitably promote each person's path at TXI.
6. We believe that wellness and a sustainable pace deliver the best outcomes. We commit to being dedicated partners to our clients for a sustainable 35 hours per week. We don't require regular travel or client on-site time, though there will be occasional in-person client meetings to move work forward. Our team members enjoy flexible schedules with a remote-first working environment and discretionary time off because we respect that everyone has a life outside of work.
7. We value transparency and open discussion. You will have a front-line view of the company's performance, risks and issues, finances, and budgets. With unique tools and facilitation techniques, we also regularly connect with each other and discuss topics as a company to guide our path forward.
8. We build products that matter. We advance the causes and goals of our partners and consistently deliver outcomes for them. See some examples below.
What We Make
For over two decades, we've partnered with clients across industries to research, design, and develop custom web and mobile applications that make a meaningful impact. Some examples of that impact include:
<> Empowering nonprofits with real-time insight into progress and potential for donor impact through transformative fundraising software
<> Designing a digital experience that is driven by evidence-based treatment and therapy plans to support LGBTQ+ youths who face societal and personal biases due to their orientation
<> Driving accountability and motivation for patients recovering from spinal surgery through an integrated mobile app and a wearable device on the patient’s lower back
<> Improving prediction of patient enrollment in global clinical trials for life-saving drugs through the integration of advanced analytics and digital innovation
<> Creating a new mobile app to inspire employees to love where they work by delivering meaningful savings and recognition in their workplace, while also amplifying merchant partner reach across the U.S.
But the work is just one part of what makes TXI a rewarding place to be. We support each others’ interests—whether it’s volunteering, organizing meetups, speaking at industry events, or learning new techniques and technologies. If there's something you're passionate about, we want you to pursue it and teach it to the rest of us. Our company Brunch & Learns and regular practice meetings are just some of the ways we create space for sharing, learning, and professional development.
What We Offer
We believe in equitable pay. In addition to base compensation, we offer a bi-annual bonus based on company performance as well as the following benefits, which are intended to take care of you (and the people you care about):
- Discretionary paid time off
- Quality health insurance and medical travel benefit
- Paid parental leave policy (equal for all TXI parents)
- 401k plan, including employer matching
- The option to work fully remotely with minimal client or onsite client work
- Company retreats and Quarterly days, both of which are a chance to connect with each other in person and outside of the office
- Benefits for continuing education, donation matching, home office improvements, and renewable energy switching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program: TXI is 100% employee-owned through an ESOP, which grants shares of company stock to all employees as a retirement benefit
- TXI is proud to be a carbon-neutral organization, thanks to its partnership with Climate Vault. That means all activities done by our employees (you!) are neutralized as part of our company’s annual carbon footprint.
US-friendly hours are strongly preferred. We have a remote environment at TXI, with distributed team members in the US, Canada, and Europe who work from home. We communicate and collaborate effectively in a remote environment using tools like Miro, Notion, Slack, and Zoom. We also prioritize virtual bonding and emphasize inclusivity, autonomy, and trust while cultivating a safe and welcoming environment that is conducive to supporting a positive employee experience.
While we encourage asynchronous communication, we often work in pairs or in collaboration sessions. Therefore, it is important to have some core hours of overlap with our clients and your fellow team members. Regardless of where you are living and working, all TXIers have multiple opportunities throughout the year to meet and hang out in person to continue building those connections.
We take equality seriously
TXI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.