Back-End Software Engineer
At OmniLife, we are revolutionizing how healthcare professionals communicate.
We believe in maximizing the gift of life by providing transplant clinicians with the latest and most advanced communication and artificial intelligent technology to reduce the 54% of donated organs that are wasted every year in the U.S. alone. With that mission in mind, working at OmniLife means that you will be surrounded by colleagues who are constantly challenging the status quo, thinking two steps ahead, meeting the high standards we set for ourselves, and providing unsurpassed customer service. At OmniLife, everything we do starts with “Why?” and results with lives being saved. If these things excite you, we want to hear from you!
OmniLife is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer interested in immersing themselves into the exciting, ever-changing, technically challenging culture of a healthcare technology start-up company. We are looking for a React Developer with proven experience in all phases of the software development life-cycle.
The person in this position will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and applications. Your primary focus will be development of server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
· Developing and testing software APIs
· Building reusable code and libraries for future use
· Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
· Creating and manage Continuous Integration pipelines
Skills and Qualifications
· BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
· Good understanding and previous experience with the following:
· Node.js, TypeScript
· Source Control tools such as Git
· CI Tools such as Jenkins
· Agile software management tools such as JIRA, Confluence
· Cloud services (Aptible, S3, EC2, RDS),
· User authentication and authorization
· Management of hosting environment and scaling an application to support load changes
· Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Nice to Have – Experience with the following:
· Data migration, transformation, and scripting
· Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
· Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
· Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
· Database administration and backup
· Understanding accessibility and security compliance: HIPAA, ISO:27001, HITECH
· Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
The OmniLife Story
OmniLife builds modern secure mobile messaging software for transplant teams to review organ offers, coordinate their multi-discipline care teams, and save lives by maximizing organ utilization. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps.
The connected purpose to the donation and transplant industry starts with the founders. Dalton Shaull, founder and CEO, received an experimental nerve transplant to regain function of his right arm which was paralyzed for over 8 months following a near-fatal motorcycle accident. Eric Pahl, founder and CTO, has 3 aunts waiting for life-saving liver transplants. Dalton's uncle, a heart transplant surgeon, initially brought their attention to the communication challenges and the current inefficiencies and lack of security.
Making a Difference
Since our incorporation in Feb 2016, have raised $1.5 million, grown our team, and delivered our first commercial-ready product, TXP Chat™ which is used by over 200 transplant clinicians and successfully facilitated over 200 life-saving transplants to date.