Full-Stack Software Developer
At OmniLife, we are revolutionizing how healthcare professionals communicate.
We believe in maximizing the gift of life by providing transplant clinicians with the latest and most advanced communication and artificial intelligent technology to reduce the 54% of donated organs that are wasted every year in the U.S. alone. With that mission in mind, working at OmniLife means that you will be surrounded by colleagues who are constantly challenging the status quo, thinking two steps ahead, meeting the high standards we set for ourselves, and providing unsurpassed customer service. At OmniLife, everything we do starts with “Why?” and results with lives being saved. If these things excite you, we want to hear from you!
OmniLife is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer interested in immersing themselves into the exciting, ever-changing, technically challenging culture of a healthcare technology start-up company. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer with proven experience in all phases of the software development life-cycle. The person in this position will be responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and support for server-side logic, database system(s), authentication services and user interfaces. This team member will also work with international partners who may supply software or hardware components, collaborating with them as needed to specify and validate key functionalities.
· Contribute as a productive member of an agile development team in a fast-paced environment
· Analyze, Design, develop and implement functionality per business requirements
· Development and testing of software APIs
· Building reusable code and libraries for future use
· Implementation of security and data protection
· Profiling and optimizing system performance
· Development of front-end components
Skills and Qualifications
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years experience in HTML, CSS, DOM
· 3+ years experience with database design, development and integration using SQL (PostgreSQL a plus)
· Experience developing and using SocketIO and REST web services/APIs
· Experience with automated unit and integration testing
· Experience developing and deploying iOS and Android mobile applications, preferably via React native framework
· Experience with/understanding of cloud-based platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) – S3, EC2, RDS – Certification in AWS preferred
· Experience developing/deploying using continuous integration platforms such as Docker, Jenkins
· Agile development experience using software life-cycle management tools such as Jira and Git
Nice to Have
· Understanding accessibility and security regulatory compliance: HIPAA and HITECH
· Experience delivering and supporting live software in healthcare-oriented facilities
· Experience with accreditation/certification of software systems: ISO:27001, HITRUST
· Understanding different methodologies for development and deployment on multiple platforms such (e.g. mobile vs desktop), optimizing output to match the target platform and reducing the complexity of the code base/routes/API between platforms
· Experience utilizing Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) such as Aptible
· Experience utilizing user authentication systems such as OKTA
The OmniLife Story
OmniLife builds modern secure mobile messaging software for transplant teams to review organ offers, coordinate their multi-discipline care teams, and save lives by maximizing organ utilization. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps.
The connected purpose to the donation and transplant industry starts with the founders. Dalton Shaull, founder and CEO, received an experimental nerve transplant to regain function of his right arm which was paralyzed for over 8 months following a near-fatal motorcycle accident. Eric Pahl, founder and CTO, has 3 aunts waiting for life-saving liver transplants. Dalton's uncle, a heart transplant surgeon, initially brought their attention to the communication challenges and the current inefficiencies and lack of security.
Making a Difference
Since our incorporation in Feb 2016, have raised $1.5 million, grown our team, and delivered our first commercial-ready product, TXP Chat™ which is used by over 200 transplant clinicians and successfully facilitated over 200 life-saving transplants to date.