Head of Payments Product
155 Clarence St, Sydney, NSW, 2000 /
Product – Product /
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia's largest EFTPOS provider of all ADI's outside of the big 4 banks. With almost 500 employees, $13.4 billion in transactions in 2018, we are much more than an EFTPOS provider - Tyro is an ASX listed Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
With 10 industry firsts to market, we're giving the business banking world a good shake up, with smart technology that saves Australian businesses time and money. Come and be a part of the Tyro journey.
The Product function is made up of 7 teams and the function’s main role is to innovate, design and create customer centric solutions. The Product function is expected to execute a cohesive product strategy while collaborating across the organisation to deliver exceptional commercial outcomes.
The seven teams are as follows:
Digital Channels – design and deliver consistent customer experience across all digital channels
Payments – P&L responsibility across payment solutions
Deposits – P&L responsibility across deposit solutions
Lending – P&L responsibility across lending solutions
Portfolio Optimisation & Analytics – Optimise commercial outcomes across all products and segments using data driven models
Process Transformation – Mastering lean six sigma concepts to increase effectiveness of our end to end processes and our investment in internal systems
Platform and insights - P&L responsibility across Platform and insights
The role of the Head of Payments Product is critical to Tyro’s success. Payments is Tyro’s core offering and this role is pivotal in setting the payments strategy, communicating it, and working cross-functionally to execute the strategy. As the Head of Payments Product, you will be accountable for managing the overall profitability of the portfolio whilst balancing this with risk outcomes.
Key accountabilities for the role
- Management of the overall P&L of the payments business
- Define the product vision and strategy for Payments that aligns with the overall Product strategy
- Design and execute a payments product roadmap that positions Tyro in a competitive advantage and increases market share
- Collaborate closely with contributing teams and internal and external stakeholders
- Strategically assess new opportunities and develop alignment around these
- Manage and develop a team of product managers and pricing specialists
- Collaborate and build alignment for your payments vision and strategy
- Synthesise market changes and technology improvements into actionable improvements / innovations for our payments products
- Responsible for the identification and management of risk in day to day responsibilities.
- Comply with Tyro policies and procedures including completing mandatory training within the required timeframes.
- Role model positive risk behaviours and contribute towards a strong risk culture at Tyro.
The success criteria
- Customer oriented – you are driven by a strong customer-first mindset
- Embraces change - is not afraid to challenge the status quo by implementing new innovative solutions
- Adaptable – can quickly handle new and urgent situations that come your way in a calm, cool and collected manner
- Organised – can juggle competing priorities effectively
- Decisive leadership – can make effective decisions quickly and can articulate reasons for decisions
What you bring to the role
- 7+ years’ experience in Payments – acquiring or issuing - with a strong track record of success
- Payments innovation experience with a Fintech, payments company or bank
- Strong regulatory knowledge in Payments
- Strong customer-first mindset and ability to drive consistent product roadmaps by gathering, organising and prioritising customer needs
- Solid Product Management background with previous experience delivering complex products and services
- Works effectively in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Has experience in building, managing and leading great teams.
- Strategic thought process with sharp ability to decision quickly
- Background in schemes (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, eftpos) will be very well-regarded
- Strong communicator to influence stakeholders and teams onto the payments journey
- WOW the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
- Be GOOD - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing, even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
- Commit to GREATNESS - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. Always asking what's next.
- Stay HUNGRY - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australia businesses.
Our almost 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a generous learning & development budget for training for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, and not to mention our multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.