155 Clarence St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Engineering – Engineering
Who we are
Here at Tyro, our mission is simple we “use technology to empower Australia’s SMEs to create their version of success”. Tyro delivers next generation cloud-based, integrated and mobile payments, deposits and lending banking solutions to small and medium Australian businesses. In November 2015 we raised $100 million to grow and keep building for our 20,000+ customers. We're the first technology company to become a banking institution in Australia and our environment is changing constantly as we grow quickly.
Do you feel that your engineering talents are being wasted in your current job or wandering what life may look like outside of your current company? Then keep reading because Tyro might be the place for you. Our team is packed with software engineers who are passionate about delivering real value for our customers by producing high-quality payment and banking solutions. We’re a fast growing company and we cut through the red tape so that you get to do what you do best. You will join driven, intelligent people who are powering the innovative products making waves in the payments and banking world.
About the role:
As a Developer, you will have the opportunity to work on our complete suite of systems, from our core payment infrastructure to various innovative merchant-facing systems. We employ Agile methods and use the principles and practices of eXtreme Programming. This means you’ll work in small teams and engage in full-time pair programming. Drawing upon a wide-range of open-source technologies, we construct superior solutions from best-of-breed components so you’ll always be learning something new.
What you will be doing
- Experimenting with new technologies! We're always open to trialling something new
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code and lots of it
- Involved through the whole delivery life cycle, from inception to production, through to planning, development and testing, contributing at every stage
- Living a real agile experience and being in control of your fate: contributing to the continuous improvement of the team
- Translating your technical skills to influence other developers, product managers and senior managers to ensure the team understands the Tyro vision
What we are looking for
- Strong technical prowess
- A passion for creating quality software
- Proven working experience in Java or other object oriented languages
- Proven working experience in building enterprise applications
- Desirable experience with Kotlin, Spring, Hibernate, Microservices or TDD.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, with the ability to influence the engineering teams towards a united vision and goal
Being a Software Engineer at Tyro
We place a lot of emphasis on getting the best from our engineers. We won’t waste your time with long meetings and we don’t believe in letting your job title define what you can or cannot do. You build it, you own it. If you’re a top-notch Developer who likes the sound of continuous learning, new tech, a social and fun culture, great work-life balance, and a cool office in the heart of the CBD – then we’d love to hear from you!
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but providing a fair work/life balance and a culture of learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our passionate teams in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian small and medium businesses.
Our people are at the heart of all that we do and we go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. We offer some amazing employee benefits such as employee share options, regular training for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, team based volunteer days, 17.5% leave loading and not to mention our multiple craft beer kegs, wide selection of wine, ping pong table and video games all available to be enjoyed.
Privacy and Submitting your Application