155 Clarence St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Engineering – Engineering
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia's largest EFTPOS provider of all ADI's outside of the big 4 banks. With over 450 employees, $13.4 billion in transactions in 2018, we are much more than an EFTPOS provider - Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
With 10 industry firsts to market, we're giving the business banking world a good shake up, with smart technology that save Australian businesses time and money. Come and be a part of the Tyro journey.
Being a Software Engineer at Tyro
We place a lot of emphasis on getting the best from our engineers. We won’t waste your time with long meetings and we don’t believe in letting your job title define what you can or cannot do. You build it, you own it. If you’re a top-notch Developer who likes the sound of continuous learning, new tech, a social and fun culture, great work-life balance, and a cool office in the heart of the CBD – then we’d love to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Involved through the whole delivery life cycle, from inception to production, through to planning, development and testing, contributing at every stage
- Contributing to code reviews & documentation as well as taking on complex bug fixes
- Living a real agile experience and being in control of your fate: contributing to the continuous improvement of the team
- Translating your technical skills to influence other developers, product managers and senior managers to ensure the team understands the Tyro vision
- Responsible for the development of high performance features, services and algorithms
- Experimenting with new technologies! We're always open to trialling something new here
On your first day we'd like you to have:
- Strong Android development skills
- Familiarity with Android architecture patterns and able to contribute to the design of Android applications
- An interest in Java development (particularly Kotlin)
- A strong familiarity with invoking RESTful APIs for back-end services
- Experience with automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Experience with test-driven-development
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- A willingness to work in a pairing environment
- A collaborative approach to working together with other engineers, product managers, UXers and Visual Designers in an agile environment
- Passion for improving user experience and delivering customer values
- Willing to work in a team with mixed expertise (iOS, Android, Java)
- Previous experience using modules/frameworks in Android projects would be a plus
- An interest in iOS development particularly in Swift.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australia businesses.
Our 450 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a generous learning & development budget for training for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, and not to mention our multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.