Application Security Engineer
155 Clarence St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Engineering – Engineering
Who we are
Here at Tyro, our mission is simple we “use technology to empower Australia’s SMEs to create their version of success”. Tyro delivers next generation cloud-based, integrated and mobile payments, deposits and lending banking solutions to small and medium Australian businesses. In November 2015 we raised $100 million to grow and keep building for our 20,000+ customers. We're the first technology company to become a banking institution in Australia and our environment is changing constantly as we grow quickly.
About the role
- Perform security assessments of existing and newly developed applications and libraries.
- Automate the identification of security issues throughout our development work flow.
- Work with engineers and product managers on security best practices for their feature or product.
- Assist operations in securing the production environment.
- Triage and coordinate the response to any discovered security issues.
- Identify and address security architecture problems with existing and future applications and libraries.
- Assisting Development to build security into the design of software.
- Fix identified vulnerabilities and develop new code, patterns or tools to prevent them in future development.
- Good core Java skills.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn application security assessment of Java code.
- Minimum 3 years experience in coding.
- Outstanding all-round communication skills.
- Familiarity with Linux.
Added advantage if you have the following
- Penetration testing.
- Agile development environments.
- Continuous Delivery.
What you will receive
- Opportunity to contribute to a new approach to SME banking.
- Work/life balance, the company works (very) smart rather than long.
- Working with some of the most outstanding people in technology that you can get to know and learn from.
This is a great opportunity for a highly competence software engineer looking to expand into the application security space.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but providing a fair work/life balance and a culture of learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our passionate teams in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian small and medium businesses.
Our people are at the heart of all that we do and we go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. We offer some amazing employee benefits such as employee share options, regular training for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, team based volunteer days, 17.5% leave loading and not to mention our multiple craft beer kegs, wide selection of wine, ping pong table and video games all available to be enjoyed.
Privacy and Submitting your Application