155 Clarence St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Engineering – Engineering
Who we are
Here at Tyro, our mission is simple we “use technology to empower Australia’s SMEs to create their version of success”. Tyro delivers next generation cloud-based, integrated and mobile payments, deposits and lending banking solutions to small and medium Australian businesses. In November 2015 we raised $100 million to grow and keep building for our 20,000+ customers. We're the first technology company to become a banking institution in Australia and our environment is changing constantly as we grow quickly.
Our Engineering team is one of the most disciplined Agile organisations in the country. We’ve been practising eXtreme Programming for over 10 years and we actively maintain a unique engineering culture that most IT workers only ever dream about.
It’s an environment that changes constantly, and we’re not afraid to test out new ideas if you suggest them. We’ve been growing quickly and will continue to do so and we’ve been implementing changes to help us maintain our culture and the quality of our product as we scale. We are looking for an amazing Delivery Lead to join us!
About the role?
- As a Delivery Lead you will be working day-day with one of our software delivery teams responsible for enhancing the iOS & Android apps.
- Helping to facilitate the flow of work in an Agile environment from product idea through design-build-test-operate for complex customer focused, business critical applications that use a range of cutting edge technologies.
- You are responsible for keeping multiple stakeholders involved and informed and are willing and able to have difficult conversations when needed with team members or stakeholders.
- You help facilitate interactions within your team, across your tribe and more broadly with other teams within Tyro.
- You will remove roadblocks and encourage continuous improvement so that your team(s) can deliver as effectively as possible.
- You focus on and balance the needs of the customer, your team(s) and the Tyro business.
- Significant experience leading the delivery of software development projects with the latest technologies (e.g, swift, kotlin, jenkins, AWS device farm).
- You are an evangelist of Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery practices and you have practical experience leading delivery teams using these methods
- A servant leadership style. You see it as your role to empower your team(s) and to clear a path to make it easier for them to develop a product that your customers will love.
- You coach and mentor your team to better versions of themselves
- Evidence of managing multiple work streams and forging positive relationships with multiple stakeholder groups.
- You keep both the long and short term in view, removing bottlenecks in current workflow and preparing for longer term work so that it is ready once the team(s) get to it.
- You encourage innovation and take managed risks by implementing incremental approaches to delivery.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and to lead from the front with enthusiasm and energy.
- You're a problem solver and you thrive in constantly changing environments.
- You live and breathe openness, transparency and visibility.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but providing a fair work/life balance and a culture of learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our passionate teams in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian small and medium businesses.
Our people are at the heart of all that we do and we go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. We offer some amazing employee benefits such as employee share options, regular training for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, team based volunteer days, 17.5% leave loading and not to mention our multiple craft beer kegs, wide selection of wine, ping pong table and video games all available to be enjoyed.
Privacy and Submitting your Application