155 Clarence St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Operations – Operations
Who we are
Here at Tyro, our mission is simple we “use technology to empower Australia’s SMEs to create their version of success”. Tyro delivers next generation cloud-based, integrated and mobile payments, deposits and lending banking solutions to small and medium Australian businesses. In November 2015 we raised $100 million to grow and keep building for our 20,000+ customers. We're the first technology company to become a banking institution in Australia and our environment is changing constantly as we grow quickly.
- Want to build and maintain a world class infrastructure for a heavily tech focused company?
- Want to work for a company that’s pushing the boundaries in the payments sector?
- Have a keen sense of doing the job right, whilst balancing security requirements?
- Challenge the status quo and believe in the power of robust automation?
YES? Then read on as Tyro Payments might be your kind of workplace.
What you’ll be doing
- Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of infrastructure in 24/7 production data centres
- Automate day to day tasks using puppet and other tools
- Manage maintenance tasks required across our complex infrastructure
- Respond to system alerts, prioritising and resolving incidents to restore service
- Work on a broad range of networking devices
- Work with cutting edge technologies (HyperConverged infrastructure, Software Defined Networking etc.)
- Use virtualisation technologies and cloud products on a daily basis
- Manage and maintain next generation firewalls
- Pair with colleagues when performing mission critical changes (we’re an Agile shop)
- Take a rotating pager for after hours production support (one week a month or less)
- If called upon, jump in to help others out where required
- Take the technical and project lead on process and infrastructure improvements
- Drive business partner maintenance/upgrades to successful and timely completion
- Help us achieve operational excellence
What we’re looking for
- You are an expert on at least 3 of the following subjects and are strong on the others: Networking, Virtualisation/Cloud, Security, Operating Systems, Servers, Storage, Datacentre technologies
- You have worked on several different solutions and are vendor agnostic
- You have hands-on experience in orchestrating and automating the build of virtual infrastructure environments
- You excel as a Linux administrator (but you are not afraid of touching other OS flavours)
- You manage common Internet systems (Apache, DNS, networking gear (Cisco et al.), firewalls) in a breeze
- You have experience in building and improving metrics and log management systems
- You can see the bigger picture and have experience in designing and implementing (hands on) technical projects to completion
- You have current experience with puppet
- You have 5+ years experience as a systems/networks engineer or similar role
- You have 3+ years experience as a system administrator
- You have experience automating tasks instead of manually managing systems (read: you are familiar with coding)
Advantageous skills to have
- You have hands-on experience in on-premise infrastructure automation (.*Stack)
- Strong IT architecture concepts
- ISP/Hosting provider experience
- Good experience with security concepts
- University degree / Industry certifications (RHCE/CCNA or CCNP VCP etc.)
- Extensive experience with networking technologies (BFD, BGP, VRF, MPLS, PBR)
Am I right for this role?
- You consider security in everything you do
- You work well within a team and actively engage and contribute your experience in discussions
- You have outstanding all-round communication skills
- You are a resilient problem solver with an optimistic outlook
- You are driven to continuously improve the way we work
- You manage your own tasks and don’t need others to tell you what needs doing
- You are willing to learn new stuff on a daily basis and share your learnings with the team
- You are proud of documenting your excellent work
- You don’t hesitate to interact with colleagues to get stuff done. Leave your ego outside
- You understand that not everything is technical and that the processes are just as important
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but providing a fair work/life balance and a culture of learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our passionate teams in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian small and medium businesses.
Our people are at the heart of all that we do and we go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. We offer some amazing employee benefits such as employee share options, regular training for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, team based volunteer days, 17.5% leave loading and not to mention our multiple craft beer kegs, wide selection of wine, ping pong table and video games all available to be enjoyed.
Privacy and Submitting your Application